Chapter 37 - The Largest Coffin in the World?

After closing the door, Qin Yi Heng told me to throw the dung ball out from my mouth and said, "I was afraid that you will attract spirits with you earlier."

He then spread a lot of grains on the floor and told me not to step on it. This suited me well, I was still afraid of the evil spirits so I was afraid to puke the dung ball out of my mouth. I then puked it out, and rinsed my mouth my own saliva to reduce the horrible taste in my mouth. As I was approaching the millstone, I wondered what kind of spirits resides here. The millstone seemed very heavy, and if someone has brought it here, it must have taken a long period of time. But, as the millstone is now here and Qin Yi Heng won't explain anything, I suppose that the millstone must be related somehow to this hall's problem.

Thinking of it this way, I then asked Qin Yi Heng, "What is this millstone for?"

Qin Yi Heng said, "Let's not talk about this first, there is something that will make you even more surprised." He then opened the cloth covering the millstone, and I was indeed very surprised, as there was several huge wardrobe inside it that was covered with red paint and each wardrobe was tied shut with duct tapes. I immediately stepped back, this is the wardrobe from the previous house, and how could there be lots of them?

I saw Qin Yi Heng went several steps away from the wardrobes, and didn't understand what he intends to do. I asked him, "Is this wardrobe sealing a spirit inside it?"

He shook his head, and I became even more confused. I said, "Did you shake your head because you don't know or because you mean to say there's no spirits inside it. I am completely horrified now, please explain more about this."

He then opened his mouth to say, "I really don't know, but we need to think of a way to take this wardrobe away."

This caused me to hesitate, take it away? To begin with, there are many wardrobes inside it, and it doesn't look like an antique. Even if it's an antique, in such a remote village, we won't find any tools to transport it away. There's no way the two of us will be able to take those wardrobes away. I have calculated them; there are sixty wardrobes in total.

I asked Qin Yi Heng, "What can we use these wardrobes for? Why would we need to take them home?"

He then walked towards one wardrobe, and used one hand to pat it lightly, and said, "I am not sure what these wardrobes are for, but I think there's something written inside it, it might be the address book itself."

I begin to understand his intention when he said that, he suspected that the "address book" is inside one of these wardrobes. Is he joking with me? Previously, he said that the address book should be light, and the easier and simpler it is the better. Now, he is saying that Wan Jin Rong has unique taste, and he put his address books under such gigantic medium? Does he want others to find it or what? Furthermore, if the address books are inside, who is the one who took the previous one out? How could it be transferred to someone else's house? I became more confused the more I think of it.

I looked at Qin Yi Heng with a puzzled expression and asked him, "How do you know these wardrobes are the address book?"

He shook his head again, and said, "This is only my guess, and we can only find out after we opened each and every one of these wardrobes."

I saw that Qin Yi Heng intended to open each and every one of these wardrobes, and my legs started to weaken. I definitely disagree, but I am even more opposed to bringing each and every wardrobe back. I then asked him, "Are opening them the only option? You did say you were just guessing, but what if you were wrong? We don't exactly know what's inside those wardrobes."

Qin Yi heng nodded his head, signaling his agreement with me, but he said, "Even if I had guessed wrong and we won't carry these wardrobes home, we still need to open them."