Chapter 16 - A Deafening Roar

At this time, I was already relaxed but as soon as he said this, I grew afraid again. The moonlight seeped from the window, and far from being creepy, it looked quite beautiful. I watched Qin Yi Heng use a few of his methods to scan the spirit's existence, and can only smoke from a side. After some time, I began to fall asleep and I suddenly felt an earthquake-like sensation which is followed by a deafening roar, almost like a storm hitting me in my face. This noise is actually so loud that it caused me to fear that the house will actually collapse. But, far from caring about it, I can only look around to ask someone for help to save my life.

After running for a long time, I can feel something pulling my clothes. At this moment, I was so surprised that I can only struggle, but the thing behind me pushed my back. Just as I was struggling, a hand clamped my shoulder. I can only shout, but the roar was so loud that I was unable to hear my own voice. Not only my own voice, but it felt as if all the voices in this world had been drowned out by the roar. The sound seemed to shatter every cell in a human body, and within a few seconds, my whole body started to feel an intense pain. At this moment, I could care less about the hand that is holding me back, as the pain caused me to kneel down to the floor. This kind of pain is indescribable and different from any kind of pain I had ever known. At this moment, I even thought of dying. I thought that death might be a good thing. Not only will it free me from this horrible suffering, it will also free me from this miserable world.

It was at this moment that I was able to hear a metallic sound, the sound is very small, but it was not swallowed by the roar, but it resonates deeply inside my ear. After listening to this sound, my body began to relax a bit and the pain started to disappear. Unexpectedly, this metallic sound grew louder, and clearer by the second, and that roar started to disappear, and I was able to hear Qin Yi Heng's voice calling onto me. He was shouting my name loudly and it brought me reality, and I saw him standing while holding a bell. I didn't know if I had punched him in the nose, but he had a nosebleed.

I sat on the floor now, breathing heavily for a long time. I think this is the scariest place in the house, this sort of noise, let alone humans, no living beings would be able to survive against it. Is this deafening roar the cause for the body of the young man to be dismembered? The suffering that I felt earlier was actually so horrible that I couldn't bring myself to think about what would have happened if it was not stopped.

After smoking three sticks of cigarettes, I was finally able to regain my composure. I finally asked Qin Yi Heng whether he had heard the loud roar earlier. He shook his head and said he didn't hear it, he was actually busy when he suddenly heard my shout, and when he turned his head, I was already running to save my own life.

I thought, how could this be? Why am I the only one able to hear that deafening roar? Is the roar actually able to only be heard by certain people? However according to Liu Zhi's words, he was also able to hear that roar, what similarities could he and I possibly have? But the thing that I'm sure that he deliberately understated the power of this roar when he was describing it.

I asked Qin Yi Heng about this. He pondered a long time and told me that perhaps this voice did not exist, or in other words, it might not be an actual physical voice. To put it simply, it could be an auditory hallucination. However, he doesn't think that it is an auditory hallucination, because this roar is real, but as I was able to hear it, this might perhaps be caused by the fact that I have a strong yin energy. As he mentioned previously, what can be explained is science and what cannot be explained is metaphysics. Those who heard supernatural noises are not actually influenced by auditory hallucinations, but because the wavelength band of the sound corresponds directly to the person, so those noises can only be heard by this kind of a person. Furthermore, most people usually have a wrong understanding that because temples are blessed by gods, temples must be the most yang place. In fact, the truth was the contrary and the temple is a place where the yin energy is extremely strong. The Buddhist philosophy is to save all living beings, and they do not distinguish between saving ghosts or gods. Therefore, if you are not a spiritual practitioner, you should not stay in a temple for a long period of time.