Chapter 34- Where did Yuan Zhen go?

I actually did not understand what Qin Yi Heng meant, so I asked him, "Where did Yuan Zhen go?" He took another puff of smoke and told me to prepare, as we are going to go that place first.

I see that he did not intend to answer, so I asked him again. But he merely shook his head and said that it's a place he's never been to before, and told me to rest first as we are unsure what the situation would be like and relax a bit. He also told me to lie down in the bed a bit.

As I sat on the bed, I began to think about how the situation becomes more and more strange. From Qin Yi Heng's words, it felt as if he knew something but he doesn't intend to share it with me.

Even though I felt the whole situation is strange, but I didn't voice it out as I'm sure I won't get an answer. I had a headache just from thinking about it, so I tried to sleep. Early next morning, just when the sun is about to rise, Qin Yi Heng woke me up and told me to help him make some preparations.

This situation is definitely not a first, and even though I felt very sleepy, but I tried my best to wake up. After washing my face and eating some breakfast, now I felt truly awake. So, I asked Qin Yi Heng what we are about to prepare. Unexpectedly, he took me to an insurance company and signed an insurance policy with a large sum for the both of us. I began to feel afraid when I saw that he is this worried, could this place be that dangerous? Even though the previous house was very dangerous and has troubled us greatly, and even though we were always met by unexpected surprises, but Qin Yi Heng was always able to protect both of us very well.

Thinking of it this way, I begin to feel more wary about the current situation and my heart is already beating so hard even before we departed. Qin Yi Heng's face is inscrutable, but he didn't talk much on the way. I have been with him for so long so I understood him a bit, and I can feel that his heart is troubled, but he simply refused to express it.

Qin Yi Heng went to book a flight ticket, but we are set to depart on nighttime. I felt it was still early and told him there was still time so he could explain to me the current situation, but he merely told me that we should conserve our energy as the path ahead is rocky. With that answer, I could only stop pestering him.

What Qin Yi Heng said turned out to be true. After we landed from the plane, we immediately took a train and then commute using a small bus, and when we took the bus, two days have passed.

Qin Yi Heng didn't talk much on the way, so I felt very bored and can only play with my phone. But, the condition seemed to have changed during our way there. Based on Qin Yi Heng's calculation, there should be tractor passing by who we can ask to pick us up, but there was no cars around and we only reached the village after walking for half a day.

The village is extremely remote and there are only a few houses, however, the farmland is not small, and crops are planted as far as our eyes can see. Qin Yi Heng took some money and we went stopped at one of the houses. This family's surname is 'Ma". The family did not seem prosperous and there's only an old couple and a child who is currently working in the city. Normally, in this kind of village, it is very rare to see strangers. Old Ma considered our visit a curious thing and is trying to make conversation with us. Qin Yi Heng merely said a few words, and when Old Ma pestered him he pretended to be sleepy. I actually really like talking to Old Ma, and I asked about the village's current situation.

Old Ma said, "Even though the crops planted in the village is not bad, but the village is very remote and the path to the village is rocky, the finances are a bit tight."

I said, "The villagers should repair their own roads, not only will it be long-lasting, it would also be a worthy investment."

Old Ma looked at me and smiled mysteriously, before saying, "We have already thought of this and the villagers are already in agreement. But we are unable to repair the road. Do you have any idea we can't repair the road."