Chapter 28 - Eliminating the Virus

When I wake up, the sky was already bright. Qin Yi Heng's bed is empty and I don't know where he went. As it is still early, I didn't bother to look for him but patiently lie in the bed while watching TV. He came back before noon, carrying a small sparrow on his hand. I'm wondering, why would you go out to catch birds this early in the morning? Qin Yi Heng asked me to wait patiently. After saying that, he took a Swiss army knife from his bag and went to the bathroom. As I am very curious, I can't help but follow him.

Qin Yi Heng sliced the sparrow in the bathroom and smashed its belly. Then, he took out the internal organs one by one and carefully placed them on a yellow paper. The whole scene was a bit bloody, and it was uncomfortable to see it so early in the morning.

Then, he took a handful of straw from his pocket, and tied it into a little straw man with a red string, and then he stuffed the internal organs after wrapping it in a yellow paper into the neck of the straw man. He then tied a red thread on the neck of the straw man, and asked me to tie the other end of the red thread on my middle finger. After he finished preparing, he told me today I should not walk around anywhere and to sit down and that I should not cut this thread. We should wait until nighttime to start treating the virus.

I had to place the straw man carefully on the bedside table, and then lay on the bed in a posture similar to having an infusion. Although the posture is not hard, my arm is still numb for a long time, especially when I was eating, because my middle finger is tied and it is extremely inconvenient to use chopsticks this way. But fortunately, Qin Yi Heng is here and he is able to help me, so it didn't make much of a difference.

I stayed this way until it turns dark outside. When Qin Yi Heng saw that the nighttime is about to come, he turn off the light in the room and ask me to stand in a place where the moonlight will not reach me, and to put the straw man beneath the moonlight and then take out a yellow sheet of paper. I am to write my name in the paper, and then I have to pierce my finger to drip a few drops of blood in it and burn the yellow paper. In an instant, the paper was burned into ashes.

I watched by the side and it's quite interesting to watch, but seeing the yellow paper being burned, I grew nervous as Qin Yi Heng has said that there would be pain involved and I doubt it's only pain from piercing my finger.

At first, there was nothing unusual, but Qin Yi Heng kept staring at the straw man. But, slowly, I don't know what's wrong with my eyes, but the straw man begins to move slightly. Qin Yi Heng also has a tense expression on his face. He also noticed the slight movement of the straw man and immediately take out a small paper cutting blade that he had prepared and he asked me to stretch out my hand. Then he stabbed the spot between my first and second joints of all my fingers. As the paper cutter is very sharp, my hand was covered with wounds in a few strokes, and blood begin to slowly flow from the edge of the knife.

Qin Yi Heng grabbed both my hands, and he told me to drip my blood on the straw man. Whenever each drop of blood fall, the straw man seemed to squirm. Despite having seen blood, Qin Yi Heng must have stabbed in the correct position, and the blood dripping stopped after a while. But, the stab in my fingers is so painful. Before I knew it, there is a lot of sweat on my forehead. When I look down, the straw man is already stained with a lot of blood.

Afterwards, Qin Yi Heng took out a bundle of red thread and wrapped the straw man like a mummy, and then tore off the red thread tied to my middle finger and told me that the virus has been transferred to the straw man and I will leave it in the house. I should sleep for the night and find a time tomorrow to put the straw man in a man road with dense traffic and after being crushed by a lot of cars, I should be fine.

When he said it is alright now, I let out a long sigh. However, the straw man still terrifies me so I placed it in the bathroom.

After I put the straw man away, he explained to me that although the straw is small, it still has give organs. He used the five internal organs of the sparrow on the straw man for it to pretend to be me and transferred the virus to it. However, if this is done, tomorrow the straw man will be crushed on the road and my fortune will inevitably lower for a while, but if I'm lucky and if the straw man is crushed by a wedding car, my bad luck would be gone. Instead, my marriage house would be the one affected.