Chapter 27: New Day, New Beginnings

Start from the beginning

What if it is all a figment of your imagination?

Ughhh...I need to leave. I will reach home and see what to do then. Atleast I will come to know what my fate holds for me today. I will probably become sane again once I know what they have decided.

I leave my office and proceed towards home. In about less than an hour I reach home and am welcomed by my entire family sitting in the drawing room, even dadu which is strange seeing he would be in his room ever since his operation.

My nerves start to shoot up again but I try to calm myself. I embrace myself and prepare myself to hear the worst possible news that I can.

"Jai, come sit here, we want to talk to you about something."

"Yes, dad?"

"Jai, are you sure about Maira?"

"Dad why are you asking me this right now...I mean after all this?"

"That's because I want to know that you for sure know that this is what you want. It's not late and we still have the option of..."

I decide to interrupt him before he can even complete his sentence.

"Dad, please I am very sure of my decision. The only way that my decision might change is if Maira is not happy with this...or you guys are not okay. You guys are happy with this relation though, right?" I just wanted to hear a yes from my parents. I mean if they had any objections they would have already been out in the open about it.

"Well then, I guess you are getting married to Ms. Maira Kapoor." The sombre and dull voice of my dad reached my ears and I cannot believe it. I mean if they didn't like Maira, they shou-

Wait, what?!

"What?"

"What, what?"

"Dad, what did you say right now?"

"Well, you future father-in-law called and said that it's a yes from their side and we also didn't waste anytime in giving our assent, so..." Before dad can say anything I jump from my place and give him a tight hug.

After taking blessings from my grandparents and hugging my parents and sister, I returned to my seat.

"So, what were all the questions about?" I am confused.

"Ohhh, those were nothing just my way of giving you the message." My dad says proudly.

"You do realise I had a heart attack, almost."

"Well you didn't. So, all is well that ends well."

"When did you come to know of this and why did no one inform me earlier?"

"Chill, bro we got to know of it free minutes before you came looking all nervous." Dia interjects.

"I was not nervous."

"Ohhh you were."

"No, I was not."

"Yes, you were and guess what I will tell bhabhi (brother's wife) about it. Just wait."

"You won't."

"Watch me."

"I will kill you Dia."

She shows me her tongue before running and I am on my feet to chase her when I hear my mom calling my name.

"Jai, let her be. Come and sit here, I need to talk to you." By now everyone has left for their respective rooms except mom and I. Well, Dia is somewhere in hiding but she'll be fine.