𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

I was woken up by the obnoxiously loud groaning coming from the drop ship, and despite trying to fall back asleep, they only became louder. Octavia was already gone, cot made up and all. Standing up, I go to put clothes on, realizing not only did my shirt somehow rip more overnight, but my wounds had started to look like they were becoming infected. I sighed at the sight of this, throwing on my pants from yesterday and a bra.

I didn't have a problem walking out of the tent with so much skin exposed, besides the scars left from my past here and there. It sure drew the attention of others, but I didn't bother to pay attention as Octavia harshly bumped into me, exiting a tent; causing both of us to stumble. Jasper's groans had become so loud that everyone was looking towards the drop ship, but both O and I didn't waste time to get to our feet and rush inside. "Stop it! You're killing him!" Octavia shouted to the group hunching around Jasper. "She's trying to save his life." Finn replied to her, Bellamy climbing up the ladder now. "She can't."

Wells gets up to try and act tough, but Clarke shuts him down. "We didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die."

"Kid's a goner. If you can't see that, you're deluded. He's making people crazy-" He tries to explain before Clarke intervenes again. "Sorry if Jasper's an inconvenience to you, but this isn't the Ark. Down here, every life matters." I nod in agreement, but Bellamy doesn't change his view. "Take a look at him. He's a lost cause."

I look at him, like really look at him, and see how terrible he really looks. I can't bear to see him this way, pale and injured, so close to slipping away from our fingers. I shake my head, standing up and passing through Wells and Bellamy to get down the ladder. By the time I get to the exit of the drop ship, I can hear the words 'I'll kill him myself' come from Bellamy's mouth, making my blood boil. I can't lose one of my best friends, I can't. I need to clear my head, so I sit down in the forest, sighing. A ting of pain shivers through my wrist, throwing me off. Shit, my wrist. Footsteps approach me from behind, until the person sits down beside me. I'm shocked to see that it's Bellamy, but I don't question it.

His eyes linger on the bareness of my skin, eyeing the scars. His mouth opens to speak, but no words come out. I knew exactly what his question was. "No, I didn't do this to myself." I shortly respond, shifting uncomfortably. He clears his throat, reaching for his pocket. "Figured you'd want this..." He says, handing me a shirt. I raise an eyebrow at this, taking it from his hands. "Don't you need it?" I asked him, eyebrow raised at the gesture. "I have enough. It won't kill me to lose one." He shrugs, starting to stand up. I smile to myself as I put it over my head, pulling it down. It was larger on me, landing just above my knees; taking the hair tie out of my hair, I scrunch up the shirt, tying a knot in front to hold it above my waist. When I look up to him, I notice that he was watching my every move, but quickly looked away.

"Thanks for that... Blake." I teased, tapping his arm as I began to walk, but his hand connects with the skin just above my wrist, pulling me gently back. "What happened?" He inquired, looking to the mess I had yet to clean up. "Oh, I need to go take care of that." I responded as I tried to walk away, but his grip only tightened. "Did I do this?" He questioned, looking distraught. It was weird to see this look in his eyes, it felt foreign. I didn't actually know if it was because of him, or just because I was rough housing so much, but I didn't need that on his conscious. "No idea, but I do know that you really like grabbing my wrist." I laughed, slowly removing it from his grasp. He chuckled before his friends appeared from behind him, taking his attention away.

I took this opportunity to slip away and tend to my wounds inside the drop ship, setting myself down against the cold metal wall after wrapping it up with cloth.

-

"What the hell is that?" I questioned, looking to the distance. I had been with Murphy outside the gates, throwing knives at a small target on the trees. My aim was improving, but I had yet to perfect it. From afar, I could see a cloud of yellow smoke was headed our way. My gut instincts kicked in at the sight; "Get in the drop ship... now." I ordered, backing up as I grasped Murphy's shoulder to come back with me. "Everyone in the drop ship now!" I screamed, and everyone stood around looking at me confused. "Unless you want to find out what the hell that's going to do to you when it comes, I suggest you get your asses inside the drop ship!" I called out, pointing to the impending doom heading our way.

Everyone complied after Murphy and his friends became pushy, and I shut the drop ship door. It had become eerily quiet, and I scanned the room. "Where the hell is Bellamy?" I asked Murphy who had already sat down. "How should I know?" He replied to me, shrugging it off. "He's your friend, is he not John?" I whispered, to which he frowned since I used his first name again. "Only because it's you that said it, I'll allow it. But I didn't see him leave, if that's what you're wondering." He whispered back to me with a sigh. I needed to know if Octavia was still upstairs, so I decided to escort myself there. Jasper had begun to groan again, making everybody agitated. They would be groaning too if they went through the hell he did.

"Any sign that he's getting better?" I questioned as I knelt beside Octavia. She shook her head in disappointment, but I knew she wasn't going to give up on him, and neither was I. Monty comes racing up the ladder, startling both Octavia and I; "Murphy's gonna kill Jasper!" He shouted, to which Octavia immediately ran over to the latch, kicking Murphy down. "The lock's on the other side!" Monty exclaimed, panic rising in his tone. I quickly ran over to the wall, ripping a pipe off of it, and rushing over to the two who had been sitting on it to hold the latch down. Murphy had been shouting to be let in, but that wasn't happening on any of our watches. Shoving it under the lift, no one from the other side would be able to get in now. "You guys better open this hatch right now!" Murphy shouted from below, continuing to bang against the latch. "Murphy please! Bellamy gave Jasper until tomorrow- you have no idea what he's going through- none of us do. If we were in his position, we would be doing the same thing. Stop!" I tried to reason, holding my weight against it. The pounding stopped, and he didn't reply, but I hoped that I might've gotten him to understand.

Both Octavia and Monty looked to me, nodding their heads. I nodded back, exhaling my breath and letting my head fall back. There was only one thing I could think now.

Please get better Jasper.