𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐨 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Astoria / past - 12 years old

Tears blur my vision as I race down the long gray halls, peering over my shoulder before halting in front of a familiar door, pounding on it. My lip quivers as I wait for the door to open, clutching my forehead. It takes three seconds before I am met face to face with him.

"Astoria?" Finn questions, face contorting in confusion and worry at the sight of my disheveled state. I wipe my tears as he peers out the hallway, pulling me inside before shutting the door behind him. "What happened?"

I can't find any words as my legs tremble, hands shaking. I remove my hand from my head, watching as anger overtakes his eyes as they observe the fresh cut, mouth laid agape. "Did your father-" He begins; I nod my head before he can finish his sentence.

"You don't have to tell me right now... but we'll figure this out, okay?"

"This is going to be my second visit to the medical bay this week. I can't keep coming up with excuses, my mom can't keep covering my ass... they'll catch on eventually Finn... what then? I end up alone?"

-

Astoria / present

Never had I felt more useless than now; staying at camp to heal up whilst my friends all snuck out for multiple missions. I was restless. It had been this way for a couple of days. Abby was on my ass, so it wasn't like I could go unnoticed leaving; Bellamy and Octavia wouldn't let me either, so it was of no use to even attempt.

The past 48 were spent pondering and going over situations in my head a thousand times. The day Finn shot me being front and center. If I hadn't rushed out, he could've killed more villagers or even Abylon; I don't regret my impulse to rush towards him, even if I paid for it. He was the closest thing I have to family, which makes my negative feelings towards him so painful. There wasn't a way I could live resenting him forever, but I didn't have it in my heart just yet to forgive and forget.

I stayed in my room for the most part, hating the whispers and glares sent my way by my people. It wasn't like I could explain my recent similarity to the grounders they feared or make them understand why. I was slightly used to it, though. They knew me for my past, even when they didn't know the full story. Everyone had always been so quick to judge.

The only time I left my room was when the Public Announcement's went off for a civilian check -in, but also to see if my friends were back. To my shock, Thelonious Jaha had been front and center next to Abby, face beaten and bloodied. Last I was told, he had selflessly stayed on the Ark, allowing everyone else to return to the ground, hence why the camp was named after him. Behind, Finn, Raven and Clarke followed- no sign of Bellamy and Octavia.

Everyone was being gathered outside, waiting to hear from the Chancellor. My eyes drifted over to Clarke's direction, locking with Finn's instead. My jaw clenched as I almost forced my eyes away, but instead I slowly nodded. He did the same in return, looking away first. I took a deep breath, feeling overwhelmed by the crowd and how little space there was between me and the people that surrounded. I felt like I couldn't breath, so I shoved my way out, trying my best to ignore the whispering that followed.

-

Astoria / past - 12 years old

"People are already talking." My mother sighed, her breathing unstable. I could tell she was more anxious this time than the last as she kept glancing through the square window on the door. Finn was waiting outside as she stitched my forehead up, allowing us time to talk in private. "How do you know that?" I inquired as I watched her work away. "They aren't buying your story of tripping and shattering your grandmother's vase... some of the nurses were talking outside the room." She revealed, swallowing hard as she backed away, taking a deep breath. She kissed the uninjured side of my forehead, squeezing my arm. "I'm sorry, love."