𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

We had all gathered to the river, where Bellamy had claimed to have left it; Clarke gathered people from the camp for extra help. "Hey, what's wrong?" Finn asks me as we search through the water. "Nothing."

"You know I can tell when you're lying by now, right? Did Bellamy do something to you? I swear I'll kill him if he-" Finn starts, stopping in his place to face me, but I cut him off. "He didn't do anything Finn, I promise. Besides the whole Murphy thing, but I blame Clarke for that too." I whispered, continuing to walk. "Was there something... you know... going on between you and Murphy?"

"What? No, nothing was going on. I just knew he was innocent, and it was horrifying to watch that entire scene unfold. Some asshole did this when I was trying to get to him." I said, pointing to my neck. He stops, grabbing the non-wounded side of my neck, gently placing his other hand close to the wound, but not on it. "Who did it?" He angrily asked, looking around. "I don't know, but don't worry about it."

"Hey, I care about you Fox. Of course I'm going to worry about it." He softly speaks, looking gently into my eyes. He was rather close to me, and that's when I realized that Bellamy and Clarke were both from their spots looking at us, almost looking jealous. I understood why Clarke was, but I didn't understand why Bellamy looked so angry. I brush it off before kissing Finn's cheek, thanking him for caring. "Aren't you more of a peacemaker Collins?" I joked, pulling away from his grasp.

"Yes, but I'm not going to stand by while my best friend gets hurt." He sighs, walking forward and searching more of the water. I heard splashing coming our way, to see it was Clarke. "That's my cue." I mumbled, walking in a different direction. "Hey! I found it!" Jones shouts from the other side. We all make our ways over to the two guys, now holding the radio. Raven grabs it, analyzing it with her eyes. "Can you fix it?" Clarke eagerly asks as Bellamy slowly makes his way over. "Maybe. But it'll take half a day just to dry out the components to see what's broken." Raven admits.

"Like I said. It's too late." Bellamy grunts, which sets Clarke off. "Do you have any idea what you did? Do you even care?" Clarke shouts in his face. "You asked me to help. I helped." He responds, unbothered. "300 people are going to die today because of you."

"Hold up. We don't have to talk to the Ark. We just have to let them know we're down here right?" Raven asks the group. "Yeah, but how do we do that with no radio?" Finn questions, bringing a smile to Raven's face.

-

On the trek back to the camp, Bellamy had walked silently beside me for a couple minutes before clearing his throat. "I thought I was doing the right thing... I realize that I was wrong." He muttered, cracking his knuckles. "And here I thought you'd never admit it." I rolled my eyes, still feeling resentment towards him. "I know sorry's not enough, and that I can't take back what I've done... but I want to try." He states, and I can see him looking at me from the corner of my eye. When I don't say anything, he speaks up again. "I'm serious about this... figured I should start with you."

"Because it's convenient?"

"No, Astoria. Because you deserve an apology. What you said back there... you were right. About all of it- even if it kills me to admit it, which it does. I know I have a habit of doing things for the wrong reasons... for power. It's just so easy to get caught up in control when you feel like you've never had it before. It clouded my judgement... and I should've listened to you... when you were begging me to listen. I'm sorry."

A part of me wanted to make a remark, or bring him down in some way, but I stayed silent instead, offering just a nod. It wouldn't do me any good to do that to him, nor would it satisfy me in some way. I knew it wouldn't make me a better person, either. His words were genuine, but I just needed to let it settle. I needed to be in the right mindset of maturity before I could engage in a conversation with him. He was just so easy to go head-to-head with.

Speaking of such, as we arrived at the camp, Raven was ordering everyone around to get objects to help with her grand plan. It took a couple hours to set the flares up, but once they were ready and sent up, Bellamy stood beside me, looking up to the sky. "You think they can see it from up there?" He inquires, eyes focused on the flares. "I don't know.... can you wish on this kind of shooting star?" I question, amazed by the show in the sky. He looks over to me with a 'really?' look, so I shake my head. "Forget it."

"I just assumed you were mad at me from our interaction from earlier, besides, I wouldn't even know what to wish for. What about you?" He asks, redirecting his eyes to the sky. "I am still mad at you... but I don't know what I'd wish for either." I admitted, making him chuckle. Our shoulders were touching, heck, our hands were almost too. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that he had been looking at me. My heart jumped a little, and although I felt residing frustration towards him, it slowly began to dissipate. 

I smile softly, seeing that he was still looking at me as the campfire danced in front of us, the purple light from the flares illuminating the sky. "Thank you... for that apology. I'd like to work towards forgiveness." I mutter, looking to him, into his eyes, and he doesn't advert his to somewhere else. He keeps them on me. I don't know what I'm feeling, nor what to say, so I don't say anything, and he doesn't either. My lips lay agape as he looks down to it, my heartbeat racing. People had begun to go to their tents now, and our eyes were still focused on one another. With a hard swallow and snap back into reality, I simply smile, looking to my tent. "Goodnight Bellamy." I whisper, my fingers brushing gently against his.

As I turn away, his hand grabs my wrist, pulling me back into him. He smashes his lips onto mine, his hand moving up my back to my hair as another holds me close to him by the waist. My lips are pressing back into his only for a second before I pulled away, looking around us to see barely anyone around. My eyes return to his as I stand in shock, seeing that his expression mirrored my own. Silence, yet again. 

He clears his throat, lips parting to speak. "I uh-" His voice is gravely as he rubs his chin, now taking his turn to look around. As he's about to speak again, Jasper runs up to us, gaining our attention. "Have you seen Octavia? I haven't s- seen her since yesterday." Jasper questioned in a panicked tone, looking between the two of us. Bellamy's hand dropped from his face, asking what the hell Jasper meant. "I just haven't seen her, she usually checks up on me before bed..." He admits, cheeks heating up probably due to embarrassment. "It's true... have you checked in my tent?" I asked him, and he nodded.

Bellamy left my side within an instant, the air surrounding me suddenly becoming colder. "When did you see her last?" I asked my friend as the two of us followed after the raven-haired boy. "I don't know... I think yesterday morning?" Ahead, I saw that Bellamy was crouching besides Clarke's tent, and she was making her way out. Great.

"Get some sleep Jasper, we'll find her." I reassured, making my way over to the two. "Raven's flares will work." Bellamy states as I reach his side. "Her radio would've worked better." Clarke mocks, lips pursing. "The focus is Octavia now. Not the flares or radio." I interject. "Have you seen Octavia?" Bellamy asks her. "No. It's Octavia. She's probably chasing butterflies." Clarke says, making me scoff loudly. "Clarke, I've checked the camp. She's not here." Bellamy reveals, worry in his tone. Clarke seems to freeze, realizing that it's actually something to worry about. "Okay. I'll help you guys find her. Let's check again. You go to the drop ship, Astoria and I will check the rest of the tents."

"Thank you." Bellamy says to her as he glances at me for a second. "Don't thank me. I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it for Octavia." Clarke stated, pulling me along. We searched the tents, but she wasn't in any of them. I started to panic, thinking of the danger she could be in. I don't think we would get as lucky as we did with Jasper, not again.