21. Making Changes For the Better

Start from the beginning

Namjoon:
"Honestly? There's someone who came back from my past who has always meant the world to me. It's a long complicated story, and it's personal.
But, that's mainly why."

Bora:
"Oh, I see. Well, I respect that. But, if you ever decide to rekindle this arrangement, you know how to contact me. Anyway, I need to get going."

Bora sounds dejected. But, I'm not sure why, since we've always had this no strings-attachment arrangement. The tone of her voice sounds like she's a little hurt. I thought she was able to keep feelings out of it.

Namjoon:
"Bye, Bora."

Bora:
"Bye, Namjoon."

I hang up and look over to Sooyoung who looks like she's ready to interrogate me. Oh fuck. Here we go. But, like I said, I need to be open and upfront with her.

Sooyoung's 1st Person POV

"Sorry I answered your phone. I thought it was mine, honestly," I try to explain to Namjoon.

"You're fine, Soo," he replies with a soft smile.

"Is it okay to ask who that was?" I ask him, a little worried I might be prying a bit.

"You have every right to know. That was Bora. She's someone I met who's also an idol. We've known each other for a couple years. We aren't together or in a serious relationship, if that's what you're wondering. But, since neither of us really like to constantly sleep around with random people, we kind of made an arrangement to have no strings attached relations. We are both busy with our music careers that neither of us wanted a commitment. She and I have been trying to catch each other on the phone so I can bring up the topic. I'm sorry I had to do that in front of you," I say, hoping what I share to Sooyoung doesn't rub her the wrong way.

"I get it, Joon. You both have busy schedules, and I can see how that arrangement works. And, Joon, it doesn't bother me that you had that conversation on the phone with her while I'm present. But, did she seem hurt by it?"

"She's the one who concocted this sexual arrangement with no commitment. I don't think she's as affected by me ending it," he thinks out loud.

"Well, I just don't want any issues to come our way because of that. I don't think it will. But, I'm scared there will be some factor to get in the way of us being back together. I just got you back in my life. And, Moonsik has his dad now. I love you, and I just want everything to stay that way for as long as possible."

"Believe me, Soo. I love you and having you back in my life means a lot. I don't want anything to stand in the way of our family. I know you're worried that we might get separated again, but I'll do everything in my power to not let that happen. I mean, come on, we are older and wiser- we can do this, Soo," Namjoon says so sincerely and I can't help but smile at him.

"Our family, huh?" I say to him, feeling my heart flutter at his words.

"Yes, Soo. Besides my group, you and Moonsik are also my main priorities," he tells me, following with a soft kiss on the lips.

"Do you think Bora will try to stick around?" I question him.

"I thought about that, and I guess I'll just have to constantly remind her that I still love someone from my past and want to rekindle what I have there. That's what I'll tell her." Namjoon sounds so confident with that answer, and of course, I couldn't help but blush at his words.

"Babe," I breathe out, "That's sweet that you're going to be honest, but please don't mention anything about Moonsik."

"I know, Soo. I plan on keeping that to myself. Fuck, I just wish I could proudly share to the world how in love I am with you and my son. I hate this reality where I can't say anything freely. And, it makes me feel ashamed that I feel like I'm keeping you both a secret. If I could shout about you and Moonsik on rooftops, I'd do it in a heartbeat."

God, the words coking from this man always touches my fucking heart. I love him.

"Joon, please understand, that if you weren't in the public eye, I would proudly show you off as the love of my life, as well, but I can't. And, that's fine. It doesn't bother me. I'm okay keeping what we have a secret. For the meantime, let's keep this to ourselves and those who are our immediate family- yes that includes your band brothers- and trusted people from your company. I mainly want this privacy for Moonsik. I know, deep down, you don't want to keep us a secret, and as long as I know that, we're fine. I know you love us. Please don't feel guilty and ashamed that you can't talk about us so freely. It's part of your lifestyle. Moonsik and I can adjust. At least we have each other now. I know it won't all be easy, but I love you." I explain to the man who holds my heart.

"I'm really happy I have you and Moonsik in my life. And, I love you too, Soo."

*********

A/N:
Question time?

This question is inspired by the last scene in the Butter MV (original version). How would BTS convince you to eat a slab of butter? 😆

🎵Song to check out: "Bicycle" by RM

Borahae! 💜✨
-MissD