Until the Sky Falls

(Alex's POV)

Throughout the compound, we could hear the sounds of thunder and lightning rumbling. An earthquake shook, electricity crackling and alarms blaring.

Avocato caught Anaya before she fell and Gary asked, "Hey! Is everyone alright?!" Kevin Van Newton glares at Gary and yells, "You have eyes! Does it look like I am?"

I quickly raced over to the computer monitor and type on the keyboard, pulling up a map of the world. "The power generator's exploded. I've never seen geo-activity like this.", I stated.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say the Earth is really pissed off.", Kevin Van Newton commented, covering my ears in an attempt to block out that last part. He removed his hands from my head as he said, "And if it keeps up, I swear it's gonna tear this planet apart. This might be your last chance. You can still leave Final Space. Go!"

I could feel his grip on my shoulder tighten slightly, out of worry or an attempt to comfort me, I couldn't be sure. Gary turned to face Sheryl.

"Mom?", Gary started, turning towards her. The question didn't need to be asked.

"No.", Sheryl stated immediately. "I'm serious, I mean, you can uhhh... You can leave. If you want. I mean you've actually stayed longer than I ever thought you would. Which is pretty cool.", Gary said.

"Yeah, I had the chance and I'm still here, right?", Sheryl replied. "I thought you were just sticking around so you could find dad.", Gary stated.

She shrugged and said, "Nah. I already lost a husband. I'm here because I don't want to lose my son. Again." "No way.", Gary said, as he and Sheryl hugged.

A moment later, alarms went off on a computer monitor. "Uh... What is that?", Ash asked, pointing to the screen.

It looked like a ship was flying towards Earth. We all quickly ran up to the surface to see who was coming.

"Gary, it's the Lord Commander's ship.", Hue announced.

(Anaya's POV)

The Lord Commander's ship pulled out a drill. Mooncake flew in front of us to attack.

"Chookity!", Mooncake cried out. "Mooncake! No! Come back!", Gary called to him.

I flew after him to give him back up. "Anaya! No!", Avocato called to me.

Mooncake and I charged up and were about to shoot him, but the Lord Commander suddenly flew directly into the surface of the Earth, miles away from our location, leaving the rest of us confused. "Chookity pok.", Mooncake said, as we both flew back to the others.

I landed and Little Cato hugged me tight. Mooncake flew into Gary's arms as Ash said, "He had Mooncake and then he let him go. Something's down there and whatever it is—"

"He wants it even more than you.", Gary said, looking down at Mooncake. I stroke Little Cato's mohawk and my eyes locked with Avocato's.

I nodded at him and we both knew what we had to do. "Gary, Quinn, you activate the KVN Net. Anaya and I are going after the Lord Commander.", Avocato said starting to walk to the ship.

I pulled away from Little Cato to follow after him. "Wait! But you don't know what's down there.", Little Cato said, trying to stop us.

"He's down there.", Avocato stated. "And we're gonna finish this once and for all.", I finished, thinking about all of the people we have lost because of him and Invictus.