One of Us

~Intro~

Anaya is hurled uncontrollably down a colorful tunnel.

She desperately tries to balance herself as she continues to flail about.

Seeing the end of the tunnel fills her with sudden determination.

She activates her powers and flies towards the light at unmatched speeds.

Flying into it reveals the name of the story.

(Anaya's POV)

Lord Commander had us standing in front of them on a asteroid. "Well, I wish we could've spent more time together, but since you all failed to tell me where Mooncake is, you can rot here like trash. Except her.", Lord Commander says, pointing to Ash.

"Uh, sorry. I thought you were talking about me. Are you?", Ash asks, confused. "Yes. You.", Lord Commander confirms.

Lord Commander then pushes everyone, except Ash, back onto floating rocks with chains and locks us on. "Let them go!", Ash demands.

"Soon, you'll join the voiceless chorus and bend to Invictus. You're going to love it.", Lord Commander says. Ash became enraged and activated her powers.

She flew towards the Lord Commander and shot a blast at him. Lord Commander blocked it with his own blast.

"Oh, and just how did you think that was gonna go, girl? I am the Lord Commander.", Lord Commander says, putting more force behind his blast. "Come on, Ash!", I shout at her.

"Kill him!", Little Cato exclaimed. Our encouragement gave Ash strength and she put more power into her blast.

The Lord Commander struggled for a minute before sending a power wave towards her. Ash was doing her best to fight back.

"Intriguing.", Lord Commander notes. I growl at him and struggle to get out of the chains and help her.

It then became too much for Ash and the blast broke her fingers and sent her flying into a wall and slamming onto the ground. "Ash!", I cry out in alarm.

My struggling increases. Ash was clearly in pain and the Lord Commander seemed amused.

"We gotta help her.", Little Cato calls to us. "Ugh. How? These chains are impossible to get out of.", Avocato says.

"I agree, son. It's going to take a lot more than struggling to get out of this one.", I tell Little Cato. Suddenly, Sheryl stood up, out of the chains.

"Yeah, see you later, fellas.", Sheryl says. "Sheryl! Get us out of here.", Avocato demands.

"No time, hon, not even for a pash and dash. Would you believe it?", Sheryl asks us. "There is time. Ample time. Please!", Avocato begs.

I suddenly had a vision and call out to her. "Hey! If your leaving, at least take Little Cato and Fox. Please! Save them!", I beg the older woman.

"Did you not hear what I just said? There's no time. Besides, they would only slow me down.", Sheryl said. She took off while I called out, "Sheryl, Sheryl no! Take them with you! Take them with you!"

But she just left ignoring me. "And there she goes.", Avocato groans.

"I admire her independence, but... she just bailed on us, right?", Fox asks for clarification. "Thanks for rejoining the party.", Little Cato whispers sarcastically.