The Surface (1)

Hey! This is me from the future. This is a rewritten version from the original first chapter so yeah. Just thought I may as well let you guys know.

Sans POV:

So here we are. On the surface once again. Should I be happy? Sad? I've been here on the same cliff in previous timelines so much that I dont even feel anything anymore. No more joy or satisfaction. I just repeat the same lines, like reading off a script, and once that's done I wait for the inevitable reset to come. In short, I'm losing hope. Losing hope for a real-life and future.

I could maybe try to convince the kid not to reset, but after all that, they have done..? Im positive that will fail. They normally wait until midnight to reset, so I have a little time to think of something, any sort of plan. But for now, I'm gonna have to meet the surface humans again. Is there even any point in putting on a fake smile for this?

3rd person:

All the monsters (and Frisk) met at the bottom of Mount Ebbot where they had their first human encounter. Papyrus, being at the front of the group, was the first to interact.
"HELLO! YOU MUST BE A HUMAN." Papyrus shouted (that was his normal voice).
Being the tall monster that he was, he commented:
"WOWIE, HUMANS ARE SO SHORT. I MUST INTRODUCE MYSELF. I AM THE GREA-"

Before he could even finish, The human who seemed to be in their mid-20s ran off in fright. They screamed pleas of help as they ran into the nearest building, kicking the door down with the surge of energy they received from the initial shock. After all, seeing an abnormally large live skeleton would make you feel as if you were insane.

"WAIT!!! COME BACK! I WASN'T FINISHED..." Papyrus tried to call them back but to no avail. Devastated by the terrible first impression, he ran back towards the group.

"Dont worry, young Papyrus. You must remember that to humans, we are just myths of the past and need to not rush things." Toriel explained, trying to calm down Papyrus who was in tears.

The group had to speak to the humans in charge of the town who allowed them, and them only, a small part of the town. This area had 2 houses, a small yet cosy park and an old bar, which was planned to be transformed into Grillbys V2. This meant that most monsters still had to reside in the underground until further notice.
heh, little do they know there won't be
any "further notice." Sans thought upon hearing those words come out a humans mouth.

The first house was shockingly similar to Toriel and Asgore's house from the Underground. Frisk and Toriel decided that they wanted to live in this house. The other house was a lot bigger. It consisted of 2 bedrooms, a living room the size of Undynes house, a kitchen about double the size of Toriels Underground one, and 2 rooms that could be used for any purpose. Alphys and Undyne decided to live here and Alphys wanted the spare rooms to become her two rooms for science-related shenanigans.

Mettaton wanted to come out of the Underground to become a world popular star and start his carrier now but was forced to go back as no more room was available. He didn't mind, surprisingly. Asgore went back to serve as king until all monsters could come out of the mountain. He was able to go to the surface to attend meetings though. Although these meetings never actually played out due to a certain button labelled "RESET"...

Frisk POV:

Something very strange just happened. Something interesting. Sans just told me he wanted to talk in the surface restaurant (which was not named as Toriel and Asgore aren't the best at naming, and it will be Grillby's soon enough when he comes out of the underground...or " if"). This has never happened in any timeline so I'm quite curious to see what will happen. I entered the place, to see the skeleton waiting for me with a blank expression.

"Alright kid, let's get straight to the point"
"Heh, this is gonna be interesting." A familiar voice whispered into my ear.

And that's the first chapter! This is my first book and I'm kinda winging it so dont expect anything cool. This chapter was kinda short but I'm gonna aim 1000+ words on future chapters. Let me know what you think about the book with a comment!

Words (original) = 610
Words (new) = 772