14

Third Person POV

   "Nick!" Oakley yelled shaking the boy awake. Nick slowly peeled his eyes open to realize he still sat in the old car that they had been in for hours.

   "W-What happened?" He asked, rubbing his head slightly.

   "You took a nap remember. You decided to stop and take a nap but you started shaking, so I woke you up." The girl said with a shrug of her shoulders. Nick looked out the window to see they were at a rest stop on the side of the highway. It was quite dark outside.

"What was your dream about?" The girl questioned. Nick pursed his lips and rubbed the back of his neck softly.

"In my dream you uh, found your parents. I didn't want to let you go yet." Nick mumbled sadly. Oakley frowned.

"You aren't letting me go Nick." She said softly, although she knew that was a lie.

"Oakley what if I don't remember you. All of this. Me loving you. It wouldn't exist. I don't want to live a life where you aren't in it." Nick said turning towards her. Oakleys frown deepened.

The words Nick said felt like a knife to her chest. She slowly reached over and pressed a hand to his cheek. Nick instantly melted into her touch.

"I don't want to live without you either Nick but I have this gut feeling that we will meet again. Plus, if it's meant to be, we will cross paths again." She mumbled sadly.

"This is something you need to do. No matter how much I hate it, I know this is something you need." Nick said. Oakley looked up at the boy and smiled sadly at him.

"I know."

********************************************

    "This is is." Nick said breaking the silence. Oakleys eyes left the book in her hands to look ahead of them. Her eyes instantly locked onto a small cabin off in the distance.

   Small puffs of smoke merged with the clouds above as it had left the tall brick chimney.

   As Nick stopped on the side of the road, the girls nerves peaked. As Nick looked over to her, doubts began to swim through her head.

   Was she ready to see her parents?

   Was she ready to leave Nick?

   She had become to happy being with him that she was scared what life without him would be like.

   Especially if she remembers him, how will she feel?

   Does she want to say goodbye?

   Nick picked up on the tenseness of the car and put his hand on Oakleys cheek. She leaned into the boys touch and shut her eyes.

   "You ready?" He asked softly. She opened her eyes slowly before nodding.

   "Come with me." She said. Nick instantly agreed and got out of the car. She followed behind him slowly as he began leading her down the long driveway to the cabin.

   The two made their way to a window that sat on the side of building. Oakley peeled her head around the window to see what was inside.

   A lady and a man sat in the open living room. They shared the same sad look but they seemed to be just a shell of people.

   They sat in front of a fireplace, hand in hand.

   Oakley instantly recognized them as her parents. They looked exactly like they did two years ago yet they looked a little older. More dirty you could also say.