5

Oakleys POV

   Seconds. Minutes. Hours. Days. Weeks,were spent walking along the old dirt path with Haven. Sometimes we wouldn't stop talking. Other days we wouldn't talk at all. Both were alright with me. It was if I had another friend.

She told me things about what being dead is truly like. She even told me how she had died. It was a wicked car accident. She died on sight due to a broken spinal cord and a brain bleed. She had also explained how I truly wasn't meant to die that night.

   The man wasn't meant to stab me a second time but a voice spoke over him to stab me again and finish me off. It was never meant to be like that.

   "How do I go back home Haven?" I asked as the two of us sat next to the lake. My feet swung aimlessly around the cold water. Small waves crashed against my ankles.

    Haven shot me a glance before looking out over the lake once again.

   "Something with your diary has you tied to your house. Maybe it was the fact that you had been murdered there and that's the thing that you were most attached to." She paused for a moment.

   "Your parents left that book there on purpose. They always felt something off about it. They always felt drawn to read it, but they never did. Something deep down told them not to. The same way your friend Nick had also been drawn to it, only he read it." She said taking in a deep breath.

   "Your parents had dropped MIA after you were killed. None of your family friends have heard from them in over two years. I don't know how this affects you going home but something is nagging at my head that you need to find them." She said scratching the side of her head.

"I think you finding them will be your ticket back home." She finished looking over at me. I looked over at her confused.

"Why are you really helping me Haven?" I asked. She hummed and smiled softly.

"It's my job Oakley. Why do you think when your father ended up in the hospital and was called dead for two minutes, he magically woke up?" Haven said with a small smile.

"You woke my father up when he died?" I asked surprised. She shrugged.

"It wasn't me directly but someone who has the same powers as me. In the world your father had been in, it felt as if he had been dead for over 2 days. Time feels a lot slower in the black void." Haven explained.

********************************************

I sat on my normal spot on the window sill in Nicks room. He sat at his desk playing games with his friends. I hadn't been in Nick's house in a little over a week. Although unlike last time, he didn't question my disappearance. He just watched me as I sat down in my normal spot.

"DREAM!" Nick yelled out catching my attention. My head snapped over to his computer where I saw the word 'you died' across the top. A green block figure stood in the middle of his screen. Along with the words respawn and title screen. Ha he died in Minecraft.

Nick looked aggravated but a small smile played at his lips. He quickly pressed respawn. He reloaded into what seemed like a huge village. Many different buildings were around, along with a long wooden path.

"What's that?" I asked softly. Nick turned his head and looked at me. He gave me a small smile before he muted himself on his call with his friends.

"This is what we call the Dream Smp. My good friend Dream had created this server. A bunch of people play on it. Tommy plays on it also." Nick explained. My smile widened when he brought up Tommy.