7

Oakley's POV

   Nick and I sat on his bed once again, papers spread about around us. Hours were spent with us just looking through the hundreds of papers. Some small news articles sometimes said that they thought they had spotted my parents but in the end, it was was a dead end. It's always a dead end.

"Oakley." Nick said gaining my attention. I hummed softly.

"I have to go on a date with Zara. I'll be back in a little bit." He said giving me a soft smile. I quickly pushed away the small amount of jealousy and smiled at him back.

"Have fun!" I said to him as he stood up. He gave me a quick side hug before walking towards his door.

"Feel free to stay in here. Or just feel free to go anywhere. I'll be back in a few hours." He said pulling his door open. With one final nod from me he walked out of the room.

   I let out a deep breath before I picked up the articles again.

********************************************
A mix of Oakleys POV and third person. Will switch between sentences. When it says I it is Oakleys POV when it doesn't it's third person.

    I decided to finally take a break. It been a little over an hour, a very tiring hour. Nothing led me closer to the discovery of where my parents could possibly be.

   With a sigh I vanished out of Nicks room and reappeared in Tommy's house. Slowly I made my way upstairs. The yells from the boy as he played his games rang through the house.

  I walked straight through the door to see my best friend playing Minecraft, yet who is surprised. Tubbo's character stood in front of him. I slowly walked over to boys bed and sat down softly.

   I always would find comfort when watching Tommy playing his games, he just now does it in front of thousands of people.

    "So chat now that has happened, how about we do a Q&A stream!" Tommy exclaimed with a large smile.

   "How this will work is you will send me and Tubbo questions through donations and we will answer them as we see fit." Tommy explained to his chat.

"When do you guys plan on meeting up?" Tubbo read. Tommy hummed softly.

"Not sure chat. Soon though." Tommy said. He tapped his fingers softly against his desk to Able Sisters.

"Do you guys have any friends that you are close to in person? Like ones you've meet through school?" Tommy read out. I pursed my lips as I heard the question. Tommy visibly stiffened, his mid instantly drifted to the girl.

"Oh yes! I have a few friends that I met!" Tubbo started going on a rant about some of the in person friends that he has. Tommy sat quietly playing with his fingers. He didn't know whether or not to mention Oakley.

   "What about you Tommy?" Tubbo asked after he finished talking. Tommy pursed his lips.

   "Well I once had this friend. Her name was Oakley. She was my best friend." Tommy mumbled sadly. Tubbo pursed his lips. Tommy once or twice had brought up the girl who had passed away. He always spoke highly of her.

   I frowned but continued to watch Tommy play around anyway.

   "Why did you said you once had that friend?" A donation rang through. Tommy's frown deepened as he thought back to night when we was fifteen.

   "She sadly had a tragic ending to her life. She was taken from us too soon." Tommy mumbled. Tubbo quickly picked up on the tone difference from the boy and instantly began trying to distract him with other things.