Prologue

Before this story begins I would like to point out that this story isn't based on actual events that can happen. I also changed up some of the CC's traits so they may not act the same in this story as they do in real life.

Third-person POV (the whole book won't be in third person just some chapters here and there)

Early 2018

"Oakley catch!" The fifteen-year-old blonde boy called. Oakley caught the large football with ease. The boy let out a loud laugh for some odd reason. He was just a genuinely happy kid. It isn't something that you see that often in teens anymore. Very select few are genuinely happy.

The boy had been one of Oakley's best friends. The two often sat outside and would chat for hours on end. The two never seemed to grow tired of each others chatter. Due to Oakley having her driver's license she also would drive the two of them around random places.

Some people found it odd that she was seventeen and her best friend was a fifteen-year-old boy, but she didn't see what was odd. He was a genuinely nice person. He was like her little brother that she never had.

"Here you go, Tommy!" Oakley yelled throwing the ball back. Tommy then began sprinting towards the girl at full speed. His headset on tackling her. The girl's eyes widened as the boy collided with her. The two tumbled down to the ground with a loud laugh. The green grass stains on the knees of her pants were far more evident than they were before.

"Oakley Rae! Come here!" Oakley's mother called from the front porch. Oakley sat down the football that she and Tommy had been throwing back and forth and jogged towards her mother.

"Is there something you need mom?" She said nicely. She knew better than to ever show any sass towards her mother.

"We are going to be having guests come by today. I want you to be upstairs getting ready. Dress nicely. Not any of those warn down jeans you always wear." Mother said, her eyes glaring down at the dirty jeans Oakley had been wearing. Oakley smiled sheepishly before going around her mother and running upstairs towards her room.

Oakley hummed a toon softly as she sorted through the dresses that her mother set out for her. All were long and very fancy. Although she was quite used to wearing dresses like these. Her mother and father often held dinners with their coworkers that she had to attend.

Reaching over she grabbed the dress hangers and slowly hung them up in her closet, leaving her choice of dress behind. She continued humming and walked over to her desk. She pulled out the all too familiar little black notebook and ran her fingers gently across the cover. Her diary.

She often wrote in her diary. She found it as an escape from reality, which is something that she often wanted when having strict parents. Her parents may have been strict but they still loved the girl unconditionally.

After writing her traditional Love Oakley, she flipped the pages of the diary shut and began doing her makeup. For being seventeen she lacked on beauty skills. She was more of the go-out and get dirty type of girl. She would rather go out and play football with the fifteen-year-old next door than sit at a desk and do her makeup all day.

Although she quite looked up to those girls due to their insane makeup skills. Makeup just simply wasn't her thing. Her mother makes her wear it quite often though when they have guests that come over. In her mother's eyes, a lady should always be dressed to impress.

Oakley finished the small amount of makeup she was good at and then pulled her long chocolate brown hair into a low ponytail. She pulled out two small strands on the front to give it some type of messy look.