Tommy's Manipulation

Start from the beginning

"This is so cool." I said to myself. The cold air blew around me, throwing my cape behind me.

"It's certainly enjoyable." Dream said. I looked over to him but he wasn't looking back.

Suddenly, the air was no long blowing around me, but directly at me. It felt like pins and needles against my flesh, like the sensation you get when your arm or leg falls asleep.

"Brace yourself." Dream said.

Not a second later, and my feet came in contact with the land. As well as my hands and knees. My knees were scraped from the touch wooden boardwalk coated in sand and water we had just landed on. Dream landed perfectly, and I scrambled to stand back up.

I surveyed my surroundings. It was a small remote island. The sandy terrain faded into a grassy forest expanse. There was a small white tent pinned up.

Wait.

I recognize this place.

"This is Tommy's place, isn't it?" I asked Dream.

"It's not his place. He has nothing left. But yes, this is where Tommy lives during his exile." Dream responded.

Sitting by a campfire was a teenage boy with dusty blond hair. He was poking at the fire with a stick, the other hand supporting his head.

"Tommy?" I yelled out.

I ran over to the blond-haired boy and embraced him in a hug.

"Hey woman." He said. "What's-wait. You need to hide. Now."

I pulled out of the hug.

"What, why?" I asked.

"Heyyy, Tommy." Dream said.

"Dream. My friend." Tommy said. He stepped in front of me. "Now I know it looks like y/n is standing right behind me, but it's not. It's just...a mirage. Trick of the light, a-"

"Tommy." I said, stepping back in front of him. "Dream knows I'm here. He brought me."

"He-what?" Tommy said. He leaned in to whisper to me. "Did you hit your head or something? I thought he was like a sworn enemy of yours."

"He was." I said. Dream looked over to me. "Is. But what happened in the past, he swore never to do again. And he owed me. One thing led to another and now-"

"ARE YOU GUYS DATING?!" Tommy yelled.

"What?!" I yelled.

"No!" Dream and I shouted in sync. We looked at one and other.

"Never." I said.

"Absolutely not." Dream said.

"I'd rather die." I sputtered out.

"Well that's rude." Dream said.

"So is kidnapping someone for months on end." I responded.

"Whatever." Dream said. "Anyways, Tommy."

Tommy looked at Dream, and they shared some sort of mutual understanding.

"Be back in a minute." Tommy said.

The two walked away down the path. I sat on the log where Tommy was when we first arrived. I picked up the stick he was using and began scribbling in the sand. As I was scribbling, several grains of sand kept up into the air before falling back down.

Strange.

A few minutes later I saw the pair heading back together. Tommy had taken off his armor, and I could see his full attire. He wore a ripped white and red shirt, and blue Jean shorts. They were talking peacefully.