Chapter Thirteen: Friends Don't Let Friends Make Naked Mistakes

Chapter Thirteen: Friends Don’t Let Friends Make Naked Mistakes

“I aced my routine,” I tell Cami and Sarah whilst scooping a huge spoonful of ice-cream into my mouth. Sitting cross legged on my bed I contemplate an extra couple of hours in the gym versus finishing the entire tub and what the heck, I’ll sweat it out. This is a complete ice cream emergency.

“Then would you mind telling us why you’re putting more sugar inside you than all of Willy Wonka’s factory?” Sarah pushes the tip of her reading glasses further up her nose and gazes at me with concern written all over her face. She’s aware of the situation with Cole, I’m sure Cami must’ve warned her of the crazy, possibly suicidal roommate and she’s been on Hurricane Tessa watch all weekend. 

“Hmm, that was a nice book.” I muse and reach for my ice-cream again. I probably paint a pathetic picture. Ratty, old pyjamas with more holes than I’d like to count, hair unwashed for what’s probably day three and surrounded by heaps and heaps of sugar, sugar is good.

Sugar doesn’t drop a Texas sized bomb on you via the internet.

Sugar doesn’t avoid you and start screening your calls.

Sugar sure as heck doesn’t doesn't take three days just to send an ‘I’m busy’ text. 

So of course I’d love to be left alone with sugar but somehow I’ve managed to find people who care about me and refused to let me streak around the campus naked on a sugar high.

Friends don’t let friends make naked mistakes. 

I’m pretty sure they’ve barricaded my door and are now trying some form of counselling, little do they know my issues may not have only outsold vogue, let’s just say all of Conde Nast would have a tough time competing with my numbers. 

“So Lindsey actually said you have a shot at being on the team?”

I shrug, the audition and everything that followed after it is a little bit hazy. Cami did go with me for moral support but I received the judgement in private. They didn’t think that I sucked and I sure as heck wasn’t as flakey or prone to post hangover tantrums like the rest of their freshman girls so things were looking good for me. I’d receive an email from them sometime this week but some of the girls from the squad had already starting smiling at me, waving like they’d finally acknowledged me as one of their ‘people’. I’d say it’s a good start. 

“I probably do but then again the rumour might just ruin everything.”

It’s funny because back when people first found out that Cole and I were together, the frat and sorority crowd treated me like dirt and now that they’ve started thinking that we’re no longer together the reaction’s even worse.

How do I deal with these people?

Oddly enough it’s not the relationship I’m worried about, in my heart I know and am convinced that Cole would never break my heart like that, that he’d sooner kill himself than put me through that kind of pain.

Knowing all of this doesn’t stop me from getting mad. I have an idea of what he’s doing and it makes me want to go all the way up to New York and practice my non-existent ninja skills on Nicole because she’s the one who started all of this. So much for trying to be a good person, it just came back to bite me in the butt. 

Cami waves her hand dismissing my worries, “Please, you’d be surprised by the kind of popularity you’re getting right now. You’re the mysterious girl that they know the freshman QB is absolutely batshit crazy about but now they’re all wondering why he’s denying your relationship. The latest rumour is that you broke his heart and now every guy on campus wants to hook up with you.”