63. Love Is A Big Word

Start from the beginning

"What if I am a bad influence for him? I mean he surely wasn't a golden boy before but he wasn't a part of mafia, being hunted by serious killers and getting arrested in foreign countries. What if... I have changed his life for the worst?" I winced at my own words as Noah wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"You know you are really precious Ari. I have seen that bastard since the time he pooped in his pants and I don't think I have seen him so happy with anyone else. You know why he fucked around, because of his dad of course. But do you know why he never dated?" He asked as I just shook my head.

"He was scared. He was scared to turn into his father. He thought if he dated and married someone, he would cheat on her and hurt a lady and leave her heartbroken like his dad. He fears to turn into him and hurt a girl just like his mom. He might not show it but he really respects women. I know the irony is fucking hilarious with him being a player but he never played with their hearts. They knew what they were getting into. He just avoided everyone instead of even trying to get with someone. He just thinks he will hurt someone if he even thought about a girl with other feelings."

"But then me..." I trailed off, fearing his response.

"But then you. You were a lightning in his life. From the first day he has been totally whipped about you. I had seen him conflicted with himself about his feelings for days, even after he accepted them to himself. He won't ever show but he knows you were changing him and not for the worst Ari. For the better. He stopped fucking around the moment he met you and well... you slapped him-"

I laughed at that memory as he grinned at me, continuing.

"- then he started getting mature about everything. It takes a lot of courage to face your fears and you gave him the power to do so. I know he is constantly scared of hurting you. But he is also completely mad about you. It might sound highly cliché but you are his angel. You think he would follow you in the deadliest places just for a thrill? He is constantly thinking or talking about you. He is doing stupid things just to make you smile. I have never seen him like this but I am glad he is changing. He is not stuck on his dad anymore. So don't you ever think that you are destroying him. I know you are scared for him and me but you should know by now, he has no intentions of leaving you." Noah gave a small smile as I just stared in the space, processing all he said.

I mean so much to him. More than I could ever imagine. I was his angel. I changed him, for the better. But it still stood, did he love me? Surely he cared a lot for me, I knew that. But love is a big commitment. What if he is not there yet? Am I even there yet? Oh here I go again with the overthinking! Ughhh!  

"Ari?" Noah's voice rang loudly as I internally shook my head and looked up at him.

"Just... just don't leave him." He said seriously as I shook my head fiercely.

"Never if I have a choice." I said with equal passion and I realized I didn't have to think even once before saying that.

"Princess?" Aiden's voice drifted from a distance as I whipped my head towards him, a giant smile stretching from my ear to ear as I spotted him running towards us... me.

"I never break my promises." He winked at me as he brought his hands in front of him. An excited squeal escaped my lips as I saw the three ice cream cups he held in his hands.

"You got them!" I squealed as I grabbed one from his hands and tore open the cover, revealing choco chip flavor. My favorite.

I grinned at him as I dug into it immediately. Aiden tossed one to Noah who caught it with absolute ease. I saw Aiden had gotten mango for Noah while choco chip like me for himself. Noah shot me a knowing smile as we settled inside the car and drove back to the hotel.