Chapter 1: away

"They you are my lady." Lindir spoke softly as Aerin turned around to face him. "Oh it's you." She sighed. "Your father wants to see you." Aerin then smiled at Lindir and walked up towards where her father was waiting.

"You were playing all day again, my child. Right?" Lord Elrond sighed. Aerin nodded looking down. "I've found a beautiful new place, that I've never seen before." Aerin smiled making her father smile too. "That's lovely, but we need to talk about something more important." Aerin understood. She looked up to see a stern gaze appearing on her father's face. "Your future." Aerin rolled her eyes as her father continued, "You, my dear, have grown up, you're a lady of Rivendell just like your sister." Lord Elrond spoke now turning around and focusing his gaze on his youngest daughter.

"What do you mean?" Aerin asked confused as she looked up at her father. "You'll have to settle down and marry soon." Lord Elrond said and he immediately knew it wouldn't go down well with Aerin. He was right, Aerin began to laugh, "That's a good joke, I have to admit" she stopped when she saw her fathers look. "I- I'm not ready to get married.. I-I can't." Aerin stammered. "I don't want a never ending life, I just want to feel alive and marry and have kids when I feel like it. This is not fair!" Aerin shouted.

She wasn't like her sister, Arwen, at all. She wasn't bred for marriage. "I have to go." Aerin said before she ran off blocking out her fathers demands and shouts to get her horse, Fäwe to be alone. 

"Where's she gone?" Lord Elrond demanded. "She took her horse. She's left Rivendell, my Lord." Lindir replied looking terrified. "Nobody stopped her? It's dangerous out there! Find her for me and bring her to me." He ordered. 

...

Aerin had been riding all day. "Has he lost his mind? Marriage for me?" She thought to herself. Aerin has never left Rivendell before so she's definitely lost. But she doesn't mind; she just wants to be alone. She decides to go into the nearby wood and figure out what to do next. "Stay here Fäwe, I'll be back soon." Aerin whispered to her horse as she brushed her hand through Fäwe's long blonde mane. 

"It's so beautiful here.. why have I never been allowed here?" Aerin thought to herself. "But I don't know how far I am from Rivendell though."

The forest got denser but that doesn't stop Aerin. "I should have changed.. this dress wasn't a good idea.." Aerin muttered to herself as she made her way to a clearing, before she clambered of her horse. The she stopped as she heard a noise. Then an arrow went straight to her, but she caught it before it went through her. And then another and another. "Who's doing this?" She questioned to herself. An arrow came her way but this time she wasn't quick enough and it scraped past her arm, leaving her arm bleeding a lot and her in extreme pain.

She stepped fully into the clearing and came into the view of an elf like her. However he was dressed differently to her. He also had long blonde straight hair and pale skin.

"What are you doing here?" The blonde elf demanded. "What are you doing in my fathers land?" He continued to question. "Your fathers land?" Aerin questioned, still stunned that he had tried to kill her four times. "Yes, we're in Mirkwood and by the look of it you're from Rivendell or you're a human." Legolas answered walking closer. "I'm an elf." Aerin muttered looking towards the blonde elf. As she noticed he was walking closer she immediately shot her bow up and aimed it at the blonde elf. "Put your bow down!" He demanded. "You first.." Aerin demanded back. "How do I know if you're not going to try and kill me again?"

"I thought you was an orc."

Aerin scoffed, "An orc?" She muttered still aiming her bow at him. "So who is aiming a bow at me.. may I ask?" The blonde elf questioned walking closer towards Aerin pointing his bow down towards the floor. "Stay back!" Aerin shouted again. "Your eyes are saying something else." Aerin rolled her eyes at him. "Who does he think he is?" Aerin thought to herself. "I mean it, don't come any closer." Aerin yelled. "Your shaking." The elf said looking concerned. "This is my last warning."

"I wont hurt you, trust me.." The blonde elf said putting his hands up in a surrender position. "Put your bow down." He repeated growing annoyed. Aerin reluctantly listened and looked up to meet the male's eyes. "You should come with me."

"Why should I? I have no clue who you are and you have no clue who I am." Aerin glared stubbornly. "I will take you with me." He repeated. "And I will keep you safe... I promise." The blonde elf grabs Aerin's hand and they walk closer to the lake. "You're a Woodland elf?" Aerin questioned. The elf nodded, "Why do you look so worried? Are you afraid of me?" He questioned. "No, I've just never left Rivendell before. Well not in a very long time." Aerin added. "What's your name?" The blonde elf asked as Aerin calmed down.

"I cannot tell you and I better leave, my father doesn't know where I am." Aerin said quickly as she ran off, across the open land, through the forest and back to her horse. Leaving the blonde elf standing in the open land, alone.