Chapter-12 : 𝙼𝚊𝚞𝚟𝚎

𝑰𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔

__________

seeking for love. 」

The model nibbles onto his lower lip when the ravenette calls him, his hand remains fisted over the hem of his shirt as his eyes dart on the screen, finds himself nervous---almost as if Jeongguk found out what he did today.

Eunwoo frowns when the model ignores the call, the worry on Taehyung's face---he doesn't miss that.

"Atleast pick up, it's the fourth time he's calling." Eunwoo speaks, growing annoyed with the ringing of the phone ; Taehyung glares at him as he slowly reaches out for his phone, hands tremble a little in process and he answers.

"Hi?" Taehyung wants to curse himself for speaking, his voice cracks at the first word he speaks and Eunwoo makes a funny face, clearly mocking him.

Taehyung keeps a safe distance between the phone and his face, out of habit.

"Where are you?" Jeongguk sounds worried, a fear runs in his voice and Taehyung senses it.

"I'm with Eunwoo." The model replies and hears a sigh of relief from the other side of the call, a smile arcs upon his lips at the thought of Jeongguk being worried about him---but it fades away soon, reality always shatters the moment---the only moment where he truly finds his happiness.

"I called you, you didn't pick up.  . " Jeongguk trails off and Eunwoo leans closer to listen more clearly.

"Does he bully you? Why are you so scared to talk to him?" Eunwoo asks, voice raised, enough for Jeongguk to hear and Taehyung immediately covers the phone, looks at Eunwoo and widens his eyes in horror.

"Stop talking!" Taehyung begs.

Eunwoo goes back to watching the series, rolls his eyes when the model walks away and sits far away from him, a safe distance.

"Sorry about that." Taehyung scrunches his face in anticipation when the other line remains silent for a while.

"when are you coming back? Should I pick you up?" Jeongguk asks, ready to grab the keys and Taehyung curses his heart to flutter at the impatience that drips from the ravenette's voice.

"No, I was planning on staying here tonight. " Taehyung says, feels his stomach churning tightly at the dreadful silence that he receives.

"Jeongguk?" Taehyung speaks after a moment of silence and the ravenette clears his throat immediately.

"Yeah?" The ravenette replies shortly, as if lost in his thoughts.

"Should I stay here with Eunwoo?" Taehyung can't believe, he is asking Jeongguk for permission when he clearly said before that he will be staying.

"Yeah sure, you will come back tomorrow--right?" Jeongguk sounds unsure and Taehyung almost pouts at that, finger tracing random pattern against the fabric of his sweatpants.

There is a sense of fear in Jeongguk's voice and Taehyung hates it---hates being the reason because he is the one who caused him to develop this fear.

"Are you busy tomorrow?" Taehyung asks suddenly.

"No, I am staying home.  .  . thanks to someone." Jeongguk teases and Taehyung giggles at that.

Jeongguk swears, he would never get tired of this melodious sound and wants to hear it again and again, if possible---again.

"Then can you pick me up tomorrow? We can go for breakfast together." Taehyung says, voice dropping low and Jeongguk grabs the phone tightly.