31_ ferret boy

After that night Harry was chosen, almost the entire school thought he entered, leaving many angry at him.

But Malfoy had always been rude to Harry, even before he became a Triwizard champion.

"Ah, look, boys, it's the champion," said Malfoy to Crabbe and Goyle as Harry walked past during Care of Magical Creatures.

"Got your autograph books? Better get a signature now, because I doubt he's going to be around much longer. Half the Triwizard champions have died."

Crabbe and Goyle laughed, but Malfoy didn't say any more because stopped because Hagrid had shown up.

To everyone's displeasure, Hagrid instructed the students to take the blast-ended skrewts for a walk because they had started killing each other off.

"Take this thing for a walk?" Malfoy said in disgust.

"And where exactly are we supposed to fix the leash? Around the sting, the blasted end, or the sucker?" He said sarcastically.

"Roun' the middle," Hagrid demonstrated.

But it looked difficult to even put the leash on.

The creatures had developed since the beginning of the school year—they were now over three feet long and had developed grey armor.

"This isn't even learning," Ed complained.

"Well, I'm still not taking that for a walk," Lance protested.

"Yeah, me neither," Malorie agreed.

"Fine. I'll do it," Ed said as she took the leash.

It wasn't too bad at first, but then the ugly thing blasted off, and Ed was being dragged on the ground on her stomach.

By the time she got up, she was covered in dirt, and Ed and her friends were laughing nonstop.

Malfoy saw from the distance as well and chuckled to himself; in fact he was so distracted that the skrewt almost bit him.

_______________

"Why so tense, Potter?" Malfoy said to Harry from high in a tree one afternoon.

"My father and I have a bet, you see. I don't think you're going to last 10 minutes in this tournament."

He then jumped down from the tree and joined the rest of his friends.

"He disagrees. He thinks you won't last 5," he smirked.

"I don't give a damn what you're father thinks, Malfoy," Harry said back as he pushed Malfoy.

"He's vile, and cruel... and you're pathetic."

"Pathetic?!" said Malfoy as he pulled out his wand when Harry had his back turned.

"Oh no you don't!" Professor Moody yelled from the courtyard as he cast as spell at Malfoy.

"That'll teach you to cross someone when they aren't looking!" He said as he moved the ferret with white fur all over the place in the air.

"Professor Moody!" Professor McGonagall said as she rushed over.

"What—what are you doing?"

"Teaching," he responded.

"Is that a—is that a student?!" She yelled.

"Technically, it's a ferret."

Professor Moody then decided to put the ferret down Crabbe's pants.