21_ iT's kiLLeD mEH

The next morning before lunch, the Slytherins had their very first Divination class.

No one was really looking forward to it, but this was not the reason why Ed, Lance, and Malorie were almost late.

They were on their way to class, when Peeves started throwing chalk at them.

"Hey! Peeves!" Malorie yelled.

The powdery dust from the chalk was getting everywhere, staining their uniforms.

"Cut it out! We have to get to class," Ed shouted.

But he didn't stop, in fact it was getting worse.

"I don't care if I'm late, I'm getting the Bloody Baron," said Lance.

"Alright, alright!"

Peeves decided to leave them alone. The Bloody Baron was the only ghost who could keep him under control.

But by the time they cleaned the chalk off themselves and made it to class, most everyone was seated already.

Unfortunately, because Ed walked in last and Malorie and Lance had already sat down, there wasn't another seat open near her friends.

"Here, we can find another spot," suggested Malorie.

But they looked around, and no where had three available seats even remotely close.

Ed was disappointed, but she knew there was nothing they could do about it.

"That's alright, I can sit by myself."

But someone else had also noticed, and just in time.

"Hey Koldings, come sit over here," Malfoy said from across the room, motioning to an open seat next to him.

Ed decided to make her way over to Malfoy and his friends, and of course on her way there Pansy sneered at her.

Pansy had been eyeing that seat, she had the biggest (and very obvious) crush on Malfoy.

"Sorry," Ed laughed unapologetically.

It was hilarious how jealous she got from her just being friends with Malfoy.

_______________

After Divination, they made their way down to Hagrid's hut for another one of their new classes, Care of Magical Creatures.

"That's it, come closer now," said Hagrid when everyone gathered.

"I've got a great lesson for you today, a real treat. Follow me," he instructed.

And to Ed's surprise, they were going into the Forbidden Forest.

She had never been here before, like the rule follower she was, but it actually wasn't too bad. The sun was shining and there was a warm breeze in the air, making the forest feel very welcoming, especially because she loved nature and the outdoors.

They continued walking, and eventually reached an open area.

"Ready, you lot? Less chatterin', form a group over there," Hagrid stated.

"An' open your books up to page 49."

But they weren't normal books- it was a Monster Book of Monsters.

Ed had even hidden hers away in her closet the whole summer, with the belt around it secured, after it chased Leo around the house and left a path of destruction.

"Exactly how do we do that?" Malfoy demanded.

He already hated the class.

"Jus' stroke the spine, of course," Hagrid said, like it was obvious.