Chapter 10: Backwards, part 8

"Mmmm!! Mmhm mmm, mm-MMMMMM!!!" Bree screamed through her gag, but it was no use. Mikey leaped onto the side of the cage the had her hands tied to it.

"Hang on, dudette, I can't understand you." He finished undoing the knot on her gag, and Bree cried out.

"Look out! It's a trap!!" But it was too late. Her green friends were ambushed, then and there. Danyella and Maddy teamed up on Leo, Bo-staff, nun-chucks, and katanas flying, and Kari attacked Donnie and Mikey, with similar results, only instead of katanas, Kari used her wakizashi blade. Raph and Rocky went head-to-head, Sais hitting each other so hard, that sparks glowed. Bree watched helplessly. They were all her friends, and they were fighting. she knew no one was going to die. Probably. But she hated when this kind of thing happened, even when it was with words, not weapons. She raked her brain for a way to escape, then remembered a book she had read on Houdini when she went through her magic phase. If she remembered correctly when people tied knots, they normally used to much rope, and if you wiggled just right, you could find the slack and slip free. So, she did just that.

Below her, Leo was trying to convince Danyella and Maddy to stop. After all, if they just talked it out, maybe they could find a compromise or something. Rocky and Raph were throwing as many insults as they were sparks. And Donnie and Mikey were just trying to stay alive. They had been more surprised than anyone else by the attack and were trying to get their bearings. Bree finished freeing her hands, and looked down at the lock. It was a simple brass lock, with an equally plain key hole. At least, it would be, if it weren't blocked off by a small iron grate that coursed with electricity. If Bree tried to use a boby-pin, which was her original plan, she'd get shell shocked. Bree looked down at the battle below, and saw a futuristic key swinging from Danyella's neck.

"Mikey!" Bree shouted. He paused to look at her, and received a kick in the gut. Bree winced sympathetically. "That's gotta hurt." She was kind enough to let him recover. When he did, he raced over to the cage and jumped clear over it, and landed on the spiral stairs above.
"What's up Dudett?" He was trying to act cool and fine, but Bree saw him wince when he put weight on his right arm, and the black eye. Plus, he was panting. But she pushed the worries aside. Donnie and Danyella could patch everyone up once they made amends. That is, if her plan worked.

"Do you see that key Danyella has around her neck?" He looked down at the battle bellow and nodded. "You think you can get it?" He turned back to her with hard, determined eyes, and nodded. In one fluid motion, he pushed himself off the spiral platform, and fell, spinning toward Danyella.