Chapter 4: Trapped

Even though this version of the sewers wasn't exactly their home, the brothers knew how to navigate the maze of tunnels. Bree, on the other hand, had never stepped foot underground.  She trailed behind the boys uncertainly, and she kept stepping in suspiciously squishy substances with her bare toes. The tunnels were dark, and Bree had trouble seeing where she was going, meaning she didn't see the particularly sharp rock on the ground. She gasped in surprise before the pain took over. She streamed through closed lips, trying to be quiet, and clutched the injured foot, remaining on one leg like a flamingo. Of course, she lost her balance, and feel over into a puddle of sewer water with a small scream.

The four tarpins whipped around, startled, weapons spinning. All they saw was Bree, still clutching her foot and muttering about how useful shoes were. Leo  sighed and helped her up.

"Sorry," Bree said in a hushed tone. "I didn't think I'd be doing anything today, so I wasn't wearing shoes when I jumped through the portal after you."

"No sweat duddett! Hey, that rhymes!" Mikey said, not even bothering to whisper. He trotted away, humming to himself. Then he tripped. Everyone heard the snap. At first, they thought Mikey had broken a bone when he fell or something, but then the nets swooped down to catch them. Soon, they were all dangling from the ceiling. Raph let out a cure and tried to saw at the ropes with is sais. 

Donnie took one look at his floundering brother and shook his head. "That's not going to work. These fibers are reinforced, I bet it would take hours to make a dent."

"Well I gotta try somethin', I can't just sit here!" his brother shot back.

A purple blur sped towards Raph and lodged itself in his arm. He shouted and yanked it out, staring at in.

Something pinched Bree's arm and she whimpered. Her world started to blur. She looked down and saw a needle with purple feathers tied to the end stuck in her arm. She vaguely heard Donnie say something about sedative darts... he just sounded so far away... she floated off into the land of dreams.

-**********************************-

When Bree came to, she was laying on a couch that looked suspiciously like the one she had seen on TV in the turtles' lair. There was something different about it, but for the life of her, she couldn't put her finger on it... she sat up, and saw a girl sitting in front of her, watching Space Heroes. She was tall and thin, and looked to be roughly fifteen or sixteen, and something about her seemed oddly familiar... She had short black hair with pale blue low-lights and dramatic blue and black mascara adorned her sharp eyes. She was wearing silver and black armor that showed off her athletically form, with a light blue sash around her waist. Suddenly, Bree realized where she had seen her before.

"Karai" Bree hissed.