He Knew

The small group sat in a circle as Nightmare did his thing.

He moved candles around and cleansed
The things he was working with.

Nightmare seemed to be deep in thought, so no one bothered him as he worked.

Nightmare acknowledged anyone but Paperjam, they seemed to have a small bond.

Nightmare stood up and made his way to Ink. "Go ahead, stand in the circle."
Nightmare says hesitantly.

Ink was about to set foot in the circle when Nightmare grabbed his arm.

Ink looked at him in confusion,
"I don't know if I did this right, I could of messed up, or may not be safe."

Nightmare confesses slowly, Ink turns to him and just shrugs it off, "As long as it lets me be with my love, than I see it as fine."

Nightmare shakes his head, "No I mean you could die. You could die and Error would not come back."

Ink looks at Nightmare and gives him a blank look before stepping all the way into the circle. "Then you can take care of Paperjam, you've always wanted a baby haven't you? I can see it in your eyes."

Nightmare was dumbfounded, he was about to say something though his shock before Ink started chanting a rhythm from the book."

Nightmare let out a shriek as he heard Ink purposely chant the words wrong.

The original plan would have failed anyway, there was no way, they could have attempted, but it was no use.

Ink knew that didn't he.

He exploded, dust flying everywhere.

It was white, but it wasn't blank it felt like an eternal space, but it wasn't empty feeling. 

His eyesight comes back to his as he looks around, he didn't have to look far Error standing right in front of him.

She looked a bit angry but disappointed.

"..You know that night you though you saw me was a hallucination right.."
She asks at last.

Ink nods his head.

"I wanted to be with you anyway."

Error looks down. "But in front of the baby?"

Ink looks down, the floor seemed nonexistent.

"I'm dead, right" he asks looking up slowly seeing Error nod her head.

They were silent as they made their way to each other.

When finally in each others embrace, Error spoke, "I'm glad you left the baby with Nightmare, that was a good choice."

Ink nods his head. "I hope it was."

"So that's how mommy and daddy died?" A small child asks Nightmare as he finishes cleaning the dishes.

"Yes, though if they were alive I bet they would be wonderful parents."
Nightmare responds quietly.

The child nods his head as someone enters the room, "ready to go to bed Pj?" He asks.

"Cross, can't he stay up a bit longer?"
Nightmare asks turning to Cross.

"Sorry Nightlight, But it's also our bedtime, we shouldn't make Killer wait." Cross says.

Paperjam giggles at the two adults that raised him to his current age.

"We're going to visit uncle Dream tomorrow Jammy, so you better get a good full night sleep." Cross says turning to Pj.

"Oki doke!" Pj says as he runs off to his bedroom to go get ready for bed.

".."

"..you should go after him... he'll want you to read a story to him." Cross says.

"I will, I'll be right back after I'm done so don't you too go to sleep without me!" Nightmare says as he sets down the plates he was holding and follows after Paperjam.

Ocean lifts her head and follows Nightmare.

"Sure sure."

Hope you enjoyed, and people who stayed this whole time and didn't leave.. you have my respect.

Enjoy the rest of your day or night,

We may meet again, but for now...

Goodbye.