A Brothers Apology

Nightmare dusted himself off as he stood up and looked around.

Dream decided to also stand up and look around.

This side of the library looked nicer,
books were not scattered all over the floor, they seemed to be put in the shelves.

Everything seemed a bit safer, someone must have been working on this side of library trying to fix it.

Dream could only guess who.

Nightmare and Dream has not spoken properly since the apple incident, so Dream knew he needed to take this opportunity.

Who knows when it will return, or maybe not even return at all.

"Hey, brother?.." Dream says Awkwardly trying to smile brightly,
he started making his was towards his brother.

"Shut up, don't start that with me."

Dream didn't really know how to react so he silenced for a moment.

He had a good amount of time til the other got here, but that still didn't mean he could just take his time.

He would try again.

"Look, I'm sorry alright." Dream says.
Nightmare is about to say something with a face of anger, but Dream cuts him off.

"I should have been there, I really should have. I practically drowning in your negativity but I ignored it..."

Dream pauses for a moment looking down at his feet, Nightmare stares at him.

"But at the same time I didn't ignore it!
I asked about it all but you would tell me everything was alright."

"Everything wasn't alright! You knew that. But you kept quiet. So I let you be, of course I didn't know what was going on!" Dream was starting to get a bit angry getting a bit louder with every word.

"You lied to me!" Nightmare's gaze starting to trail to ground almost as if he was in shame.

Dream let out a sigh and was silent for a good few minutes, Nightmare too, was silent.

"I don't see any of it my fault..
I don't see it as your fault either Nightmare.."

Dream felt like that wasn't enough, he'd have to continue, or this could fail.

"You blamed me because you had no one else to blame.. I blamed me too..."
Dream starts talking again.

"You know after time that faded.."
Dream clenched his fists.

"I-I hate the villagers! I hate them all!
..but at the same time I don't."

"Maybe they didn't understand, didn't understand who you were to me or to the world."

"What can I do to fix all the bonds that they broke."

Dream trembled slightly and Nightmare kept his head low.

The wind ran through the room as they stood in front of each other, neither locked gazes.

Thumping could be heard as Ink, Killer and Cross made their way down the stairs.

Killer let out a sigh of relief as he spotted Nightmare, "Oh mah baby!
Are you okay my moonpie!?"

Killer says in a babyish voice making his way to Nightmare using a hand to squish his cheeks

"Oh my sweet sky of the night, I am here now- ..what's up moonlight?"

Killer notices Nightmare's silence and lack of annoyance.

Cross narrowed his eyes at Dreams direction and made his way to Nightmare, wrapping a arm around him Cross starts walking.

"The books were this way right."
Cross says quietly but sternly.

Nightmare just nods gently.

Cross nods back and scoops him up in his arms and continues walking.

"Hey! No fair! How come he gets to be carried?" Killer wines at Cross.

Cross let's out a smile and shrugs,
"He's tired, you seem to be full of energy." And with that Cross turns around and starts walking again.

Killer let's out a huff and follows.
Dream follows with his head down while Ink stands there for a moment.

Paperjam let's out a wine as they have been walking for awhile now.

He couldn't help but smile, for he knew he would get his lover back soon and they would be able to be together again.

And maybe be almost as cute of a couple as Night's little harem.