The Figure

The sounds of Pj making fussy noises wasn't the thing that stoped Ink in his tracks.

Normal, Paperjam being fussy wouldn't alarm Ink, but the sound of someone shushing him and humming to him was the thing that made Ink freeze.

Ink was now just standing there, staring at the door. He had no idea what to do.

Ink's mind seemed to go blank, so he just stood there listening to the person hum to his baby.

Ink moved his gaze down to the doorknob and placed his hand on it.

Turning the doorknob slowly. He stood in the doorway, staring at the crib.

It was a pure white figure cradling Paperjam to their chest.

The figure was pure white, really,
No outlines of clothes, face features, and just about anything, it was just white.

The figure stopped humming as they noticed Ink in the doorway looking dumbfounded.

Ink swore he could feel them smile.

Paperjam had silenced and was gently set back down back in the crib by the figure.

The figure turned there full attention to Ink and just stared at him.

The moment Ink took a glance towards his baby, when he moved his gaze back to the figure, they had disappeared.

Ink's movement seemed to be moving on its own, but in reality he had full control, his mind was just not thinking right.

Now standing right in front of the crib, he looked down at the small baby that  was his. The baby that looked so much like his girlfriend.  It made him tear up.

"Is it hard?" 

Ink doesn't even look behind him, he just nods.

"..I'm sorry baby, none of this is their fault, or ours." The figure comes closer.
Ink had a feeling Error was the figure.

He knew she was there the whole time, the lamp always turning on on its own, the things that belonged to Error moving on there own.. the seemingly new puppets left in Pj's crib.

The figure was right behind Ink now, just standing there.

"How long will you be able to take it?"

Ink doesn't look up, he was shaking trying to to burst out in tears.

"I bet Pj will be just fine growing up without me, Ink."

It scared him, how she was speaking, how she wasn't suppose to be there.

It sounded like Error had no emotion in her voice at all. It honestly scared Ink.

Ink stayed silent and slowly turned around, facing his now dead girlfriend.

"...why haven't you left yet." Ink says not even glancing at Error.

Error tilts her head "Do you want me to leave? Because I'll leave.."

Ink shoots his head up "What? No! No..
I meant, is there something you want."

"..that still didn't make sense but I somehow understood that."

Ink gives a weak smile, he didn't know how to feel about all this.

"Though I didn't come here for something I want, more like something you want."  Error speaks lowly.

Ink was silent for a moment trying to understand what she had said.

"But I want to be with you-"

He silenced, she came here so he could be with her.. that didn't make sense.

"Mhm, that's it. Just bring me back to life, that's all you need to do."

Error continued, that also confused Ink
"You can't just bring back someone from the dead, easier said than done."

Ink speaks with sadness in his voice.

"Trust me, if I could, I would."

Error looks at his making her way closer putting her deadly cold hand on his cheek.

"Than do it."

"What? I just said-" Ink cuts himself off.

"Every single au knows I died, that means my family.. Nightmare's gang, knows I died."

Ink looks deeply into the face of the white void Error had become.

"I'm sure if you say your words carefully, he can help us out, just don't keep secret from him."

"Tell them about the baby."

Ink nods slowly, letting a sad smile grow on his face a tears roll down his face.

"Tell Ocean I love her, and fix the broken bond between those two brothers, I've been meaning to fix it, but you can, Dream is your friend not mine."

Error put a kiss on Ink's cheek before the lights flashed blinding Ink for a moment.

When his eye sight was normal again he realized his liver was gone.

Pj was also crying because of the scare.

Ink looked over at Paperjam, he picks him up and rushes downstairs.

"I've got a phone call to make."