• Complicated •

We were in the midst of eating breakfast and the weather outside was gloomy, drizzling, and the gray. I was sipping on my morning mimosa as Dark stood against the kitchen counter, sipping on his favorite, black coffee.

"So. About last night-" he began and my cheeks instantly faded red as I remembered the kiss.
"Let's not talk about that." I interrupted and he raised a brow.
"So we're just gonna pretend it didn't happen?" he asked with an unreadable expression.

My heart sank, I didn't want him thinking that I didn't like him, but I knew next to nothing about Dark, and the trauma from my pass failed relationship will simply not allow me to jump head first into a relationship with him, even if he has been great to me. I just needed to know more about him.

"I just-" I spoke, stuttering under the effort of not wanting to slip up and say the wrong thing.
"I just... I just don't want to read too much into it.." I sighed as I took another sip of my mimosa.
"It was just a silly kiss."

"So that's what you believe?" he replied, his voice a little low, as if his ego was crushed.

My heart sank even lower.
"Dark- I just-" I stuttered, trying to figure out what to say.
"It's fine." he spoke, and my eyebrows lifted in shock.
"It- what?" I muttered, and was was confused when looking at his contempt face.
"It's fine. Seriously. If you are not ready to discuss? It is fine." he explained as he set his empty mug in the sink.
"I just thought I should ask, considering that you were the one that kissed me." he stated as he straightened his shirt before walking towards the threshold to the parlor.

My cheeks heated up as I remembered how I pulled him in by his collar.
I averted my eyes to the floor as I played with my glass.
"Yeah. I know. Sorry." I muttered as I took the last swig of my alcohol before putting the glass in the sink to join his empty mug.

"There is no need to be sorry. I didn't mind it at all. I am more concerned about you and your feelings." he explained and I nodded softly, thinking deeply.

I swallowed the knot forming in my throat.
"My body just moved in its own." I spoke as I looked down at the floor. Dark stared at me, awaiting for me to continue.
"I can't really explain what happened, but I-" I tried collecting my thoughts.
"It felt as if I were on autopilot." I explained the best I could as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Do you have feelings for me?" Dark asked all of a sudden and I almost choked.

"D-Dark! What the fuck-" I stumbled over my words and he just gave me a blank look.
"Well- Do you?" he asked, again, my cheeks heated up and I gulped as he pushed himself off of the kitchen counter and made his way over to me slowly, his face a breath away from mines now as he leaned onto me, balancing himself by resting his hand against the wall behind me.
"Because... I really like you, baby." he spoke with a deep husky voice, right next to my ear. I shivered inside when feeling his cool breath linger against the crook of my neck. 

I tried to utter something... anything, but nothing would leave my lips. I felt a lustful fire arouse inside of me. I just wanted to submit and let him take over.

He then tilted his head back, his face moving directly in front of mine briefly, and placed a quick kiss against my lips, leaving a tingly spark when he pulled away. My face was completely red now.

"I love it when your face turns tomato red." he whispered after letting out a small chuckle, his breath fanning lightly over my lip.
"Y-you think your s-so hot, right?" I stuttered as I fiddled with my hair in nervousness, not expecting to be so flustered around him.

"I know I am." he stated with a very deep voice.
"And you know I am too." he finished and I swallowed the knot of nervousness and anticipation in my throat for a second before finally... giggling and lightly shoving him away from me in a playful manner.
"Okay, daddy darkness~ whatever!" I laughed as I began quickly walking away, trying my best to laugh off the flustered feelings I was experiencing.

"You can run all you want." he chuckled as he began to follow me to the front room and sat on our sofa.
"But I will always be here for when my wife returns-" he beamed and I rolled my eyes.

There he goes with the wife shit again...

He just gave me a polite smile in return, the smile I rarely see, but have fallen in love with. I sighed, giving up my clueless act I was putting on and sat down in the empty spot of the sofa right next to him, nestling right into his side.

"Whatever, weirdo." I chuckled as I gently rested my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes as I rested.

I feel safe.

"That's all I want for you~" he spoke, once again, reading my mind.
I glared at him, my brows knitting in annoyance.
"I am sorry, but I just needed to say that." he responded and I just gave him a small smile in return, letting him slide for now.

"Thanks, for making me feel safe." I stated as I relaxed on his shoulder once again.
"Always, my princess." he spoke deeply, and my cheeks heated up again.
"I make you blush an awful lot, love." he said and I almost choked.

"Fuck you." I snapped as I stood up, abruptly.
"Come back, hun! I'm sorry! I forget how easily flustered you are!" he laughed and it took all of my might to not smile back.

I hate him... but I love him.

Next part coming soon...
Please Vote!!