chapter twenty four

(A/N: this is the longest chapter yet I think but I didn't want to split it up. Also I have no idea how to write sad stuff so yeah, enjoy and comment if you did ;) )

Meanwhile in Wakanda...

"These guys just keep coming out of nowhere," Steve panted before getting hit across the face by an alien.

"Hey you guys, we got a Vision situation," Rhodey called from the skies.

Wanda's voice came through the comms, "I'm on my way." Vision was flying out of the window with one of Thanos's servants, clashing about on the way down. They had been doing well, but all the fighting was beginning to get overwhelming.

They were being swarmed, barely able to breathe when another one was coming their way. Most of the Avengers were on the floor now, until they were met with a surprise....

A hoard of lightning stabbed the ground like knives from the clouds above, and from that came an unfamiliar axe, swinging and defeating the aliens nearby. The axe was then caught by a strong arm. The team looked over to see what was happening, and were met with such relief when they saw Thor - and two others they didn't recognise - joining the battle with them. Bruce Banner cried out in joy, Thanos was completely screwed now.

"Bring me THANOS!" Thor shouted, running towards the enemy.

Not knowing in the slightest that Thanos was already dead.

——————-

The jet rumbled loudly as it neared the floor of the Avengers Compound. Once they landed, the odd group stood for a moment in silence, still wallowing in grief and guilt, before Drax spoke up first.

"I've never been to Earth," he spoke, watching as the rear opened up into steps leading onto the grass.

"Yeah well," Tony tapped his lap before standing up and leading the rest down the steps, "It's really nothing special."

"I think it's kinda cool," Peter said, following behind 'Mr Stark' like a lap dog. He was so close that Tony jumped at the sound of his voice.

"Jesus, kid. Shit I forgot you were here. I'll call Happy once we get inside to take you home, I'm sure your Aunt's doing laps around your apartment." He spoke with a stern voice but turned around and stopped for a second, pulling Peter in for a quick hug. "You're still on probation for following me to damn space. I've had enough of this friendly neighbourhood Spiderman bullshit, you've literally been to space."

"Yes Mr Stark," Peter tried to keep calm, but his voice came out more of a squeal than a whisper.

Tony rolled his eyes, before clutching the gauntlet tighter and speed walking up to the comms room.

———————

"Where are your...friends," Nebula asked Iron Man, her face illuminated in the light of the blue hologram. They were searching for Steve's coordinates.

"It's saying unavailable for all of them, Steve, Nat, Sam, Vision..."

"Maybe they're in a protected space?"

"No, no I mean nowhere on this map is off limits, except..." he paused, thinking.

"Except what?" Nebula continued.

With his face buried in his hands, he muttered lowly, "Wakanda. They're in Wakanda."

"Where the hell is that?" Quill grumbled from the corner.

"It's uh, well that's complicated. Luckily we've got the coordinates," Tony replied before turning to Strange. "Are you coming?"

"Would love to, but no. I have my own responsibilities back at the sanctum, and I still have the time stone so it needs to be kept somewhere safe," he replied in his usual monotonous voice, before adding, "I assume this won't be the last time I meet you, so, thank you Tony Stark." He offered his hand which Tony took, before watching the sorcerer turn and leave silently.