chapter eleven

"Get up you know what time it is?" Nat's irritated voice rang in my ears as she bombarded me with pillows repeatedly. "Are you sure you're not still a teenager?"

"That was rude, and no I don't know what time it is, do enlighten me," she slowly sat up, pushing Nat away from her.

"11:30."

"Okay what the hell Nat, you had me thinking it was 6pm, why do I even need to be awake?"

"Because training isn't till later, so for now you, me, Wanda, are talking," she pointed to the door and Wanda waltzed in, seemingly not affected by the lingering smell of alcohol that was somewhere nearby. The three girls sat on Allura's bed and recounted the events of last night, what they could remember anyways. Allura's head pounded as she looked at the mirror in front of her, what a mess, she thought. Most of her makeup had been wiped off somehow, but her hair was in a weird, half-hearted bun or rather just a mess on her head.

The other two laughed at her. "Don't worry, we'll fix you up later," Nat announced and then continued. "So then, after all the dancing with you guys, we played drinking games?"

"Yeah," Wanda responded. "And after that, we...I'm pretty sure we all passed out on the couch so I'm not sure how we ended up in our rooms."

"Ooo a mystery," Allura scoffed sarcastically, and then clutched her stomach, squinting her eyes. "Damn, I'm starving, I'm gonna go get breakfast."

"Brunch."

"Whatever."

"Hey Allura," Wanda called to her, "You might wanna change first."

Allura looked down and sighed dramatically. "I'm still wearing my dress. Okay, I'll just grab a t-shirt and some shorts."

"Well that's good," Nat shrugged. "At least nobody saw you naked- oh never mind forget i said that."

Both Wanda's and Nat's eyes widened as Allura simply slipped off the dress and pulled the t-shirt over her head. She muttered a short 'what?' when she realised they were staring. "Oh, are you not supposed to see that?"

They both chuckled lightly. 

"It's fine babe, go eat."

-----------

Allura stepped into the kitchen, clutching her head and wincing every few seconds. She grabbed a glass and filled it with water from the refrigerator.

"Hey you want pancakes," Tony called over to her from the stove, startling the girl causing her to spill some of the water. "Sorry."

"Yeah I'll take pancakes," she smiled when she had recovered.

"Okay, will be a few mins because I gotta serve Tweedledum and Tweedledee first," Tony rolled his eyes, gesturing to Sam and Bucky who were sitting at the bar with plates in front of them, staring expectantly at Tony, so much that they had only just noticed Allura's presence. Sam simply grinned at the pancake that was placed in front of him by Tony, but Bucky just stared at her, emotionless.

"Does this guy have a staring problem?" She asked to no one in particular.

"Yeah," Sam replied thought mouthfuls of food. A second later, Steve entered the kitchen and just stopped, staring at her in confusion.

"Why are you wearing Sam's shirt?" He asked, causing everyone to pay attention to her.

"Yeah, why are you wearing my shirt?" He made a strange face at Allura.

"Some of you landed me your clothes remember?"

"No we didn't, well I definitely didn't."

"Oh, Nat must've stolen them from you then, oops," she sighed and sat down on one of the few remaining barstools.

"Pancake numero uno coming right up for Miss Looking Kinda Rough," Tony frowned, trying to stifle a laugh as he filled her plate.

"Appreciate it, Tony."

"Capsicle, you gonna stand there and stare like a weirdo or you gonna get some of the best pancakes in the world?"

Steve sighed, and took the empty seat in-between Allura and Bucky. He then turned to Allura, asking "You doing okay?"

She only looked at him in confusion and then responded, "Yeah, of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"After last night."

As soon as those words left his mouth, Allura's heart rate picked up and she started to worry. "Last night. What happened last night?"

It was Sam's turn now. "Well you got blackout drunk and starting spilling your trauma to all of us, of course."

'I DID WHAT?!"

"Hey, hey," Steve placed a hand on her shoulder, smiling, "He was just joking. But don't you remember anything?" He asked, looking disappointed.

"I remember some things," her vague answer was unsatisfying for Steve, but he left it alone. She then leaned forward so she could see Sam without Bucky and Steve being in the way, spitting out an 'I hate you.'

"Guys please, chill out okay? And don't forget, training later, we all need it for sure," Tony announced, and then turned to Allura. "Oh by the way, I took your phone and upgraded for you," he handed her a phone that looked a lot more complicated than she was used to using.

"When did you take my phone?"

"Yesterday, you weren't exactly hiding it. I uploaded everything on your old phone to this one for you, which was only one contact, so it didn't take long. Who is 'Mallory'?"

"Oh, my friend," Allura smiled down at the name in her phone. She would make plans to meet up very soon, maybe even for tonight.

"You have friends?" Bucky's voice was heard for the first time as his face twisted up in confusion.

"That's rich coming from you old man," she shot back, smirking at him, causing the others to laugh a little. Bucky faked offence, and then went back to eating.

"When did you meet her," Steve asked curiously.

"After I escaped, I found a small town where I stayed for a while, and she was kind. She's just moved to New York, so I'm gonna go see her."