chapter fifteen

(A/N: I like this chapter, please vote and comment :) enjoy)

"Wakey, wakey, sleepyhead," a feminine voice surged into her ears, causing her to jolt awake harshly. The stranger laughed at this. "You're right Adrian, I also see the resemblance," she looked towards the man who brought me here. "Such a beautiful young girl, yes I see that. But we will have to do something about that beautiful soul of yours, that won't help me."

The woman paused and caressed Allura's cheek with her dark-painted, slender fingers, sending jolts down her neck. "Go now, Adrian, I no longer have any use for you," she spoke, still facing the girl.

"B-but, I'm still getting paid right? After all the work I did..." he blurted out just before he walked through the dark hallway.

"Oh Adrian," she murmured, finally turning round to face him. "I really wished you hadn't said that dear." She lifted her arm in a way that was all too familiar, and with a flick of her wrist, a rope of purple was swung around his neck so tightly that he was killed. Instantly.

"Recognise this my love?" She smiled faking an innocent look as she twirled purple around her fingers. "Now when I get the next man, I want you to do to him what I just did to Adrian, okay? Sad about him, nice guy really, but it was all... a part... of the plan."

"And why would I listen to you?" Allura bared her teeth angrily. She was frustrated, but mostly just confused, what the hell was going on?

The woman's face changed when she heard the reply, as if she was expecting instant obedience. But she then smiled again and spoke:

"Don't speak to your mother in that tone," she revealed and then walked down the dark hallway, leaving Allura to sit there in the loud silence, overwhelmed with emotions she had never felt before. Not for long though, as her so-called 'mother' popped her head around the door, giving her a confused look.

"Well, are you coming?" She questioned.

—————-

Allura followed the woman down the winding hallways, wherever they were was like a maze. It was cold and dark, and the girl was pretty sure she observed mould in some places. She shuddered, no one would be able to find her here. Allura dismissed the thought, she didn't need someone to come save her. She may still be weak, but she was still powerful.

"You're thinking about how to escape aren't you." the woman chuckled, shaking her head. "Don't bother, you're wasting your time. This is your new life now."

"Who are you?" Those three words were the only ones Allura could muster up in this situation. The woman halted and twisted around to get a better look of the girl.

"Don't recognise me? Why, I'm Agatha darling, Agatha Harkness."

————

"Here he is," Agatha patted the man on his shoulders and pushed him towards a terrified Allura. "Now, do as I say. Kill him."

"I'm not going to hurt anyone," Allura denied, folding her arms and backing away.

"Why so stubborn dear? It's not like you know him," Agatha tried to persuade her.

"It doesn't matter, I'm a good person."

Agatha scoffed at this. "Maybe so, but that isn't what you're meant for."

"Meant for?"

"You're my daughter. You look up to me and honour me, and you don't bring absolute disgrace to the family name," Agatha snarled, pushing the man out of the way and pointing a finger at her.

"You, a random person, hire someone to kidnap me, claiming you're my mother who I've never known and Im supposed to believe that?" Allura shouted, she was beginning to lose her patience.

"You won't have to try once you see this," Agatha rushed towards her and placed her hands on both of Allura's temples. Allura immediately felt disconnected from everything as she stumbled, but suddenly she felt nothing at all.

She watched as the woman walked through the forest with the large basket under one arm carefully. Allura observed the beautiful trees around her, it made her feel at home. She called out to the woman multiple times, and even stood in front of her, and then she realised she wasn't really there. She was inside Agatha's mind.

She stopped calling out for Agatha and decided to spectate. The woman found a spot where a vibrant green tree hung down low as if it was protecting a spot. The place underneath had soft lush moss and some wildflowers surrounding it. Agatha put down the basket, but before she left she opened it up, and put a hand inside.

"There you are, I've done it little one," she spoke softly. Allura crept and leant over Agatha to peek inside the basket. In there, a little baby was tucked up in a blanket, giggling as Agatha tickled her lightly, a smile reaching ear to ear. Allura gulped and clutched her mouth, her heart racing, and then watched once more as Agatha got up and walked away, a single tear sliding down her face.

That little baby was Allura.

Quickly, Allura felt all life ooze back into her body, and knocked into the wall as she lost her balance. It was like her questions were being answered but as this happened, new ones were put in their place.

"You see now, my child," Agatha smiled. "You are my daughter, as I am your mother."

Allura nodded, understanding.

"You can do that too, you know. You can learn how to bring others into your mind, as well as place yourself in theirs. I shall teach you," Agatha spoke before turning and continuing to walk down the hallway. "But I have noticed that there are things you can also do that I cannot," Allura sensed some bitterness in Agatha's voice.

"And I do not find that fair. So you will show me those skills that I will need," this assumed bitterness seemed to warp into slight jealousy.

"We need each other, after all this time."

"Why did you give me up?" Allura asked. "Why did you leave me there, and why in the middle of a forest?"

"I saw what would happen if I were to keep you, and I saw what would happen if I were to give you away. Both sought a powerful young woman, capable of annihilation, however in the future that I gave you away, you became not just powerful," Agatha paused to choose her words wisely.

"You became unstoppable."

Unstoppable. The word swirled through Allura's mind, causing her to shiver.

"And I want to be unstoppable."
Those were the last words Agatha spoke for a while, before she ordered Allura into the passenger seat of a car and they drove away, off to somewhere Agatha wouldn't tell her.

————-

"Okay, I want everyone looking at all cameras in the city, if a face pops up that looks remotely like Allura's, alert us right away," Natasha's stern voice sounded through the large room, where agents sat at computers, working away quickly.

"How the hell will this work?" Steve questioned, next to her. There was no hiding the anxiety in his voice.

"Language Steve," Natasha smirked, before turning to him with a serious face. "You really care about her don't you?"

Steve looked at the floor, but attempting to hide a slight blush on his cheeks from a first class assassin was no good. Natasha laughed at him. "Well, she's a part of the team, I care about all you," he scratched the back of his head.

"Sure," Nat rolled her eyes, but looked back at him. "We'll find her Steve, she's strong."

"I know."

Hyacinth | MCUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें