chapter twenty one

(A/N: so so sorry the updates have been terrible, but I've been really busy with exams atm so they were prioritised. Also a little note just in case you're confused I did leave out the part where Gamora gets taken simply because I wanted it to have the exact outcome it had in the film, and also maybe because I'm lazy ;) anyways i'll try to update more but enjoy)

"Allura?"

"Tony?"

The two stood a few metres away from each other and stared blankly for a while. Tony noticed Allura didn't seem too shaken by the sight of him, which was nothing to how he felt. The girl they searched for for two years, they thought she was dead. But here she was, looking exactly like she did a few years ago as if it was yesterday. But for Allura it was.

The girl broke from her trance suddenly and ran up to Tony, giving in to his embrace. Tony stood for a few seconds before realising where he was and wrapped his arms around Allura. He finally broke into a smile and pulled away from her.

"Where the hell have you been?" He managed to get out between gasps as he studied her face. "I... thought you were dead. We all did."

Dead. They thought I was dead, Allura thought. I was up in space all this time, while they were moving on with their lives. Every single one of them just accepted the fact that she was gone and never coming back. This thought pulled at her heartstrings she looked back at Tony with a confused expression.

Behind Tony, someone cleared their throat and stepped forward. Allura took one look and raised her eyebrows at the man. He was dressed quite uniquely, but he looked important, so she was going to listen to what he had to say.

"I am not too familiar with what just happened, but we are all here to fight Thanos, so we should be preparing, am I wrong?" He spoke.

"You are not wrong," Mantis nodded at him.

"So, what is our plan?" Peter looked up at Tony.

Tony looked back at Allura, before grinning, "Catch up later then?"

------------

Dark grey cloud appeared out of nowhere which Allura could see clearly from her hiding spot. Through the greyness came a large shadow, entering the planet with obvious confidence and ease. He looked around for a few moments, and then stood, waiting.

Thanos.

Thanos's eye caught on to the only living thing he could see on the dilapidated planet, a wizard who was perched casually on the steps, fidgeting with his hands and studying the purple man.

"You're much more of a Thanos," Strange spoke, and Allura raised an eyebrow in surprise at how calm and collected he was. She could almost sense the tranquility inside of him.

Thanos clutched his gauntlet and one of the Infinity Stones; the reality stone, glowed a vibrant red, before completely transforming the space around them.

"It was beautiful," were the first words Thanos said. "Titan was like most planets, too many mounds, not enough to go around." He peered around at the planet before them, and Allura almost scoffed when he showed the slightest sense of sadness.

Thanos explained what he had offered them and how it had turned out for him. Dr Strange continued to listen carefully, clinging on to every word as if he was listening to an instructor before jumping out of a plane.

This was probably similar to that.

"I'm a survivor," the Titan muttered.

"Who wants to murder trillions."