chapter nine

"Busy day today newbie," Tony strode towards Allura who was hunched over the table, sitting on a barstool eating breakfast. "Meeting's in twenty minutes, but at least we got the party later."

Allura shot him a glare. "What meeting?"

"With Secretary Ross. It's kinda a thing now that if we make any changes to the team or just our lives in general we gotta let him know."

"Hm, nosy guy," she raised an eyebrow.

"Well, he's got his reasons I guess."

"Sokovia I assume?"

Tony scratched his head and looked around. "Uh, yeah."

Allura sensed that she should change the subject. "So why a party?"

"Well, we've got a new addition to the team, and I also heard that lightning guy is returning, so uh, I guess that's two reasons," he grinned.

"Two excuses?"

"Wow, you're already annoying, glow stick, which probably means the rest of the team will love you," Tony rolled his eyes. "Right, remember meeting room, twenty mins, don't be late."

---------

"Yeah no, I don't like her," Secretary Ross shook his head at the girl as he leaned over her.

"Excuse me?" Allura scoffed, a confused expression on her face.

"Why do you guys need her anyway? What's so special about her?"

"I think the question is, what's so special about you Sir, what are your powers?" She smirked, looking him up and down.

"My powers are that I could easily put you in prison Miss, so watch your tone." He glared with gritted teeth, and then turned to Steve. "I don't like her."

"But she's a powerful asset to the team, she's extremely powerful. And we'll need her if we're going against powerful threats and don't have Thor," Steve stated, shuffling slightly in his seat. Allura picked up her head and glanced at him, wondering why he'd defended her.

"Fine whatever, but I'll be checking in more regularly, and I won't be surprised if she acts out," and with that, he stormed out, followed by two other members of SHIELD.

"Rude," Allura frowned and crossed her arms, staring at the wall in front of her.

"Nope that's just Ross," a voice appeared next to her, and she turned to see Pietro with the same frown etched on his face. "Anyone up for a water balloon fight?"

"Why would we-"

"Nah man-"

"Interesting," Vision stated.

"Oh great, here we go again, Vision agreeing with everything I say," Pietro stood up, "just because he likes my sister," he added in a low murmur, but everyone heard it. This now caused everyone to start talking.

"SINCE WHEN-"

"No fucking way-"

"I think it's kinda cute," Natasha shrugged.

"I didn't even think that was possible," Tony added.

Allura just observed everyone with sparkles in her eyes. This was very entertaining, she thought. She looked over at Wanda who was also just observing, putting on a stern look in attempt to disguise the blush creeping over her cheeks.

"What is this commotion," a deep, loud voice caused everyone to stop and grin at each other.

"Thor!" Bruce called, making his way towards him with a slight jog.