chapter eighteen

(A/N: Really short chapter sorry for being inactive I've been busy, will be uploading next chapter tomorrow or the next. Vote and comment please, it means a lot!)

"Alright Guardians, don't forget this could be dangerous so put on our mean faces."

--------

"How the hell is this dude still alive?" Peter Quill gazed curiously at the man laying on the table of their ship. The rest of the Guardians were gathered around, admiring him.

"He is not a dude," Drax breathed and then looked at Peter, "You're a dude. This, this is a man. A handsome, muscular man."

"I'm muscular!" Quill retorted.

"Who you kiddin' Quill, you're one sandwich away from fat," Rocket sneered, before Peter interrupted with a 'Yeah right.'

"It's true, you have put on weight," Drax agreed, gesturing towards the neck area.

The gang carried on talking until Mantis decided to wake the mysterious man. He woke abruptly, grunting and falling about the ship as he regained his balance. He turned around slowly, then saying: "Who the hell are you guys?"

After a cheery chat about Thanos, the Guardians and a different looking Thor were debating on whether to split up or not. Thor was set on getting his hammer, whilst some of the rest were only looking to battle and defeat Thanos as soon as possible.

"Okay, why not me and Groot go with Thor to Knowhere, whilst you losers go off and get yourselves killed, that alright?" Rocket inquired, the sarcasm obvious in his voice.

Peter Quill huffed. "We're not going to get ourselves killed, why would you even..."

He was cut off suddenly when a vibrant light surrounded the ship, causing everyone to cover their eyes, squinting harshly.

"I AM GROOT!" Groot shouted violently, cowered away in a corner.

"Yeah I know, what the hell was that?" Gamora adjusted to the light and walked towards the front of the ship.

Thor followed her, looking outwards into space at the energy encasing them.

"I know that colour," he muttered.

---------

The deep purple was gravitating towards the front where Thor could just about make out a figure floating upright. He moved closer, and then he saw her.

"Lady Hyacinth!" he explained loudly. It was Allura, eyes a vivid violet colour, but she wasn't looking at him, she was staring straight ahead.

"Who?" Mantis asked.

"There's something wrong with her, let her in. Let her in now!" Thor shouted, moving towards the many buttons at the front of the ship.

"Okay, okay," Quill opened up the side door and Allura noticed, floating in soon after. The door closed back up and her feet touched the solid floor, hair floating back down to sit on her shoulders and her bright eyes returning to their normal colour.

Thor strode up to her and shook her shoulders lightly. "Lady Allura, it's me Thor!" he grinned, but then stopped when she looked at him quizzically. She studied his face, and then looked him up and down for a few moments. She took in a deep breath.

"Th-Thor?" she spluttered, eyes widening at him.

"Are you quite alright?" 

"Yeah, yeah...

I think so."