- Chapter 12 -

*Lillian's pov*

"How do you know what I am going to ask of you?" Fury asks, surprised.

"I'm an assassin and I was already thinking about asking you if I could do it." I responded.

"So you are ok with getting a tracker implanted in your arm, trading yourself for the Winter Soldier and taking down Hydra from the inside?" Fury asks, surprised that I figured out his plan.

"Yes. I want to do it. And when I take down Hydra, I will take down the brainwashing technology, the experiments, and the super soldier serum all together. I am doing this." I say to him with reassurance.

"Ok. How are you going to tell Tony?" Fury asks.

"I think that you just did." I say as I nod my head to the cameras in the room. Fury sighs, as he knows what's coming next.

*Tony's pov*

After they explain the plan and Lillian agrees to it, I feel my heart sink.

"No. No way. She is not doing this." I say as I continue to stare at the screen. I can feel the rest of the team's eyes on me.

"I don't think you have a say, Tony." Natasha says as she stands upright again.

I storm out of the room, the rest of the team on my heels and we make our way to the med bay.

*Lillian's pov*

As if on cue, Tony and the rest of the team walk into the med bay. Tony is furious and I can tell. His eyes are burning into me as he walks in, then they dart to Fury as he speaks.

"No. Not happening. She is not doing this." Tony says to Fury, and before Fury can respond, I interject.

"I am doing this. You don't have a say." I say to Tony, grabbing the attention of the room.

"No you are not! I am not losing my little sister again! This is not happening!" Tony says to me, raising his voice.

"Are you forgetting that I can come back to life? If I do this, I take down Hydra and all possible threats that they have. I also get Bucky back. All that you guys have to do is find me and treat my wounds. Then just wait for me to wake up." I say and tony becomes aware. Clint decides to crack a joke that I wish I would have come up with.

"Aren't you supposed to be a genius Tony?" Clint asks with sarcasm in his voice.

"Yes, he is, but I'm smarter." I say as Tony and I still hold eye contact. After a few moments, he responds.

"Fine. You can do it. If the tracker deactivates or there are any problems, I will pull you out of there. Got it?" He asks, super serious.

"Deal." I say.

"And Fury!" Tony says, getting everyone's attention.

"She is not to be detained ever again! Got it?" Tony tells him in a stern voice.

"Fine." Fury says, then he walks out of the room, leaving us in silence. Then an agent comes in and takes of the handcuffs and the anklet. Tony looks at me with tears in his eyes.