- Chapter 11 -

*Lillian's pov*

"What?" Everyone says at once. I'm in shock right now and do not know what to say.

"Lillian is the newest addition to the Avengers. She's on the team. You all have another mission as well." Fury continues.

"What's the mission?" Tony asks, confused and shocked.

"To find and rescue James Buchanan Barnes and bring him back." Fury says. I gasp in response, knowing that the road ahead would not be an easy one.

All eyes fall on me and Steve. When I finally get my bearings I respond to the news.

"Ok." I say, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Ok what?" Tony asks.

"Ok, I will help you all get Bucky, but after that I am done. I am not going to be on the team, but I will help you this once." I say and they all did not expect that to be my response.

"And why not?" Fury asks with his deep, commanding voice.

"Because after this mission I will be removing the serum from my DNA." I say and Tony's face falls. He starts walking towards me. Tears threatening his eyes.

"What?" Tony says walking towards me.

"You heard me. I will be removing the serum from my DNA." I say to him as I make direct eye contact.

"That means that you would die. I am not losing you again Lil. You are not doing this. I will not allow it." He says this and it gets my attention even more. I become emotional in my response.

"You will not allow it. I'm sorry Tony, but you have no control over my life choices. You may have adopted me but you have not seen me in 20 years. I am going to do this. Whether you like it or not!" I say with anger and frustration.

"No you will not kill yourself. I just got you back! I am not going to lose you again!" Tony says after he reaches my bad side.

"Either you let me remove the serum from my DNA or you lock me up for the rest of my life. If you say that you won't do either, then I will leave, find a lab, and remove the serum alone. Your choice." I say with frustration.

"I am afraid that I cannot let you do that." Fury says as an agent walks over to me and handcuffs both of my hands to the bed, along with my ankles.

"What are you doing to her?" Tony asks as he becomes worried about me again.

"We have to detain her. I need to talk to her. Alone." Fury says as he stares at me intensely.

"I am not leaving my little sister with you alone. Not happening!" Tony says.

"Leave now. Or I will have you removed." Fury tells Tony.

"Tony. Let's go. C'mon." Bruce says as the rest of the team walk out of the med bay. After they are all gone. I am the first to speak.

"I'll do it."