- Chapter 10 -

*Lillian's pov*

It has been quite for a good five minutes before Steve finally breaks the silence and the shocked stares.

"You're Immortal?" He asks with a shocked voice.

"Technically I made myself into a mutant. I can die or lose a limb but I will heal and come back to life. So yes, I am immortal." I say as I look down again and avoid eye contact with them all.

"How old are you technically?" Bruce asks from his corner of the room.

"Technically I am 31 years old, but I was given the serum when I was 24. After the serum merged with my DNA, I stopped aging." I say while playing with my hands. I can't tell them the other thing that the serum gave me. If I did then I would not be able to hold myself together. I haven't even told Bucky the news that I have known for so long.

"Well that's not so bad. I mean you can never die. That seems like good news." Thor says with his brooding voice. His words make me look up and get a little upset.

"It's not so bad, you're right. I don't have to worry about me dying or anything, but I am going to have to watch all the people around me die. All of you are going to die at some point and I am going to have to live with that for eternity." This hits them, all of them. Tony looks at me with worry and I can tell that he wishes he could do something about the situation.

"What if—" Tony starts but I cut him off.

"No." I say shutting him down.

"You didn't even know what I was going to say." Tony says back.

"No. You cannot remove the serum from my DNA. if you did then it would kill me. By removing the serum from my DNA you would also be removing the anti aging and the immortality aspect of the serum. This would cause my body to go into shock and it would shut down my body slowly causing me to die. There is no removing the serum." I say as I look up and make eye contact with Tony. He still tries even though I gave up years ago.

"How do you know that we can't remove the serum and save you? We can try and do something! Why are you giving up?" Tony starts to raise his voice at me.

"I know that you cannot remove the serum because I have already tried everything. I don't need saving. I gave up years ago." I say, grabbing the attention of the room once more.

"What do you mean that you have already tried?" Tony asks with a concerned tone.

"I had access to a lab. I tried everything that I could to remove the serum from my DNA and I almost killed myself trying. Then Hydra stepped in and stopped me from killing myself. I cannot die and stay dead unless you remove the serum from my DNA which would kill me. I cannot live without the serum in my DNA. If I try to live without it then I would die. You need to accept that Tony. I accepted this a long time ago." I say as tears threaten my eyes once more. He is taken aback by my words and tears trickle down his cheeks as he looks at me. He hasn't looked at me that way in a long time.

"How do we know that you are telling the truth?" Natasha asks from behind Steve.

"Because would you go around telling people that you are a monster willingly? I need you to trust me in order to get Bucky out of Hydra. I need your help and the only way that I can get it is if I tell the truth." I say as I make eye contact with the russian spy.

"Welcome to the Avengers Lillian. You're apart of the team." Fury says as he walks into the room.

"What?" We all say in unison.