Sam and Lexi ~ The Happiest Day of Our Lives

~ SAM AND LEXI ~ the happiest day of our lives
••••••
March 19th, 2016

The day of Sam and Lexi's wedding had arrived, and miraculously, they'd managed to get all the preparation done. With help from their friends, and Sam's family, they'd finished all the tasks in time, and now, it was a matter of getting to the end of the aisle.

Quinn stood by the bathroom door, eavesdropping on Lexi's conversation with her grandma, rather worried with the way things were looking.

"You said you'd be there!" Lexi exclaimed, growing frustrated. Sara's mom hadn't rvsp'd to the invite, even if she had promised to be there on her big day. "My mom, your daughter, is dead! She's not able to be there to walk me down the frickin aisle!" She yelled, trying to swallow the lump in her throat, while tears began to fill her eyes.

"Hey, don't let me forget the rings, I've got everything else." Kitty said, walking up to Quinn who shushed her.

"Shh." Quinn interrupted her chatter.

"What?" Kitty frowned.

"Lexi's grandma is refusing to come to the wedding." Quinn answered. "Her whole family isn't going to be there." She added, as Kitty's face fell.

"That's horrible." She said, as the two girls continued to listen to Lexi rant, and cry on the phone.

"You said that you'd be here for me, since I no longer had my mom!" Lexi continued, choking on her tears. "Because we love each other." She said, as Quinn and Kitty assumed she was talking about her and Sam. "And I know for a fact, my mom would have encouraged you to be here for me. If you loved me enough to give me that pep talk over a year ago, you'd be coming this afternoon." She exclaimed, angry and upset, her voice cracking. "Because I do, I love you, even though you haven't been here all the time. I am frickin alone since none of our family is coming! Can you please just come!? It's my wedding day, it's the most important day of my life." Lexi ranted. "Yeah, no I got it." She said after a few moments, as she sniffled. "It's so assuring to know that the one person who cared about me in this family is dead." She spat, hanging up the phone call.

"Lexi. Hey..." Quinn called softly, as she peeked in the bathroom to see her best friend crying, into her hands, while pacing back and forth.

"We're here for you." Kitty added, as Lexi chose to shut the door in her friend's faces to allow herself time to process, and calm down.

"The rain is supposed to bring good luck." Brittany spoke up quietly, gesturing to the sun shower outside the hallway window.
----------
Santana and Quinn sat in front of the bathroom door, leaning against the wall. It had been forty five minutes, and Lexi was still in the bathroom, refusing to come out.

"It's been really quiet in the bathroom. I'm not going to lie, I'm worried." Quinn admitted.

"Lexi tends to lock herself in bathrooms or her bedroom when she needs desired privacy." Santana shrugged.

"I'm serious, Santana." Quinn replied. "This is the happiest day of Lexi's life. It's supposed to be at least. It's her wedding day, she's supposed to feel happy, and loved..." She sighed, standing up after a few moments, and knocking on the bathroom door.

"Lexi, we're here for you, no matter how long you need." She called through the door.

"Lexi Torres, get your ass out of the bathroom!" Santana added, as Quinn sent her a look. "If you're not out in ten minutes I'm going to rip the door off the hinges!" She yelled. "Lexi!"

"Santana." Quinn hissed.

"It's not my wedding day! I have stuff to get done!" Santana defended herself, unashamed that her insensitivity and bitchy persona was visible in many situations.