Audition

AUDITION
•••••

(Alexis voiceover)"Hi, I'm Alexis Torres

(Alexis voiceover)
"Hi, I'm Alexis Torres. Now, before we get started, I want to firmly state that I prefer to be called Lexi. It's my preferred nickname, so just get that in your head. Anyways, I'm in my sophomore year at McKinley High School, I transferred last year. Also, another fact, my mom and I are 19 years apart. She's 34 and I am 15. She had me when she was 19. So as you can guess, my father has been vacant, which means  I  haven't had a father figure, nor have I felt loved by a guy in any sort of way...However enough on that...You better believe that even though he wasn't ever in the picture, that didn't stop my mom from raising me independently. And that's not to say that her parents aren't supportive. My mom wanted to raise me on her own. She's such a strong person, and one of my biggest role models and supporters-we have a relationship similar to Rory and Lorelei Gilmore if you will. And no, we're not sisters, no matter how similar we look. Another fact about me is that I'm a part of Glee Club. I joined last year, and even though we lost Regionals, I've still thoroughly enjoyed the rehearsals. I've also gained a second family, and some close friends...and now I'm rambling again...shit, anyways, sophomore year, you better be worth it."
------
"Lexi!" Lexi Torres heard her mom, Sara call from downstairs.

"Yes mom!" Lexi called in response.

"You better get out the door you're going to be late." Sara called, as Lexi shook her head amused at her mom's concern and jokes.

"Mom you know that I woke up two hours early. We live 15 minutes away, and I don't have to be there for forty five minutes." Lexi chuckled, as she walked down the stairs to meet her mom.

"As long as you're there in a timely manner." Sarah said, as Lexi pulled her into a hug.

"I'll leave now, will that make you feel better?"

"Absolutely." Sara said, as Lexi scoffed, feigning being offended. Both of them laughed, as Lexi made her way to the front door. "And maybe this year you'll find someone special..."

"Oh mom." Lexi sighed. "I'm not sure. You know I've never been lucky in that department. For now, music's my soulmate."

"You'll find someone, other than your piano, guitar and ukulele. I know you will. I'm manifesting it." Sara assured her daughter, as Lexi sent her a small smile. "You're going to know what it feels like to be in love, and it will be amazing."

"Yeah, what about you though? I mean dad left the scene right when I was born...and then we moved here after I was 8. You've been so strong for the past 15 years I've been alive. I'd be fine if you started seeing someone. You have my complete permission. I'm seriously giving you the go ahead." Lexi replied, as Sara let out a sigh.

"Thank you Lex, I've been thinking about it...and you know I'm in the same boat as you, wondering if I'll find anyone-especially at my age."

"Oh come on mom, you're only 34, that's young." Lexi commented, as her mom laughed. "And as Rory Gilmore once said. "If all else fails, you can always marry rich."