Chapter 6- Rivals

Chapter 6

Brianna

Rivals

After the blowing sound of the alarm clock went off I remained in bed. I was exhausted from last night and especially from Jackson. I mean he was talking all this hot stuff and thought I would give in. Not only did I have to deal with being a witch but now I had a wolfie tailgating me. But now I had to go to school and deal with another situation: Jasper.

Once I woke up the morning had sped by until the fourth period. It was always the fourth period. As I walked in I immediately walked towards my seat. I decided to be nice and talk first.

" Good morning." I stated.

" Morning." Jasper quickly answered back.

I smiled internally as part of me wanted to keep the conversation going but I prevented myself from going so.

" Okay, everyone, for the next two weeks you will focus on your partner project. Don't bother me unless you have an actual question." Ms. Garcia stated as she walked towards her desk and went into whatever post break up demeanor.

While doodling on the corner of my notebook page I contemplated whether or not I should say something to start a conversation or whether I should just leave him alone. He was already my project partner. Did this give me the opportunity to talk to him however freely I wanted? I went back and forward between where the imaginary line fainted. However, there was a part of me that lingered to meet the man I had dreamt of almost every single night. He was neither Jasper or Jackson yet why was I drawn to both? I felt every piece of a hypocrite even though I told Lexi not to risk herself. I'm on the verge of contemplation on both the same thing. I believe in that type of love, one that goes beyond time, one that holds you through the good and bad, a love that consumes you and makes you fall in love with their faults and your own, a love that is a little dangerous yet never seeks to hurt you.

"Who are you? Who are you by the name that I constantly state? For the name I ask for?Why must I seek you? Why unknowingly does my heart long for you? Most of all why do I love you without knowing you?" I thought as I had unknownsthly scribbled those words on the white lined paper, as my eyes trailed those cursive words as I was snapped out of my thoughts as I quickly remembered my environment and the rowdy teenagers that filled. I looked down at those silly words once more and I felt a redness spread across my cheeks, I flipped the page without a second thought.Geez, if anyone would see this I would internally die and never show my face again. I looked up and looked around if anyone had heard my thoughts.  Then again no one could, but I could read theirs but I wouldn't even attempt to delve into the rabbit hole. I looked at my right and found those hypnotic aquamarine eyes staring back at me.

I pressed my lips together as he tilted his head and flickered his pen between his long ivory skin.

" You need help?" He spoke up.

" I guess so, I have some ideas but nothing established." I answered honestly as I had nothing but some imaginary thoughts.

" Well I'm finished so you can see my part to expand on some of the ideas." Jasper suggested

"Wait, you're finished?" I almost screeched and a faint appeared on his face, " So quickly?"

He nodded as he rolled his sleeves up and ran his fingers through his luscious wavy locks as the sunlight illuminated where I could slightly see some scars. Why did he have such scars? They seemed too large for anyone to have. Did he cut himself? Or did someone do that to him? Did he do that to himself? I was alarmed what happened to him. I quickly realized I was gawking and spoke again.