Chapter 4- Taking A Chance

Lexi's POV

Chapter 4

Lexi

I had awoken, earlier feeling like crap after crying all night long reflecting on what Bri had told me. I mean why did she have to be so cold. But deep down I knew she was right and was just trying to protect me. I had a reputation of falling like crazy over heels for boys. And in the end they all left me heartbroken. Bri has always been there to pick up the pieces. Which is why I partially believe she avoids dating to not get hurt. It's like an archer trying to get the perfect ten but failing every single time. That was guys with Bri; she was able to dodge them like the flu. But it's better than actually getting hurt. I deeply sighed as I opened my door and walked downstairs for breakfast. Bri had been there chewing of a piece of bacon. Bri handed out a piece to me.

" Thanks." I curtly stated.

She turned back around and finished preparing breakfast. " Mom and Dad left, they told us to stop by the bakery by noon." Bri spoke.

" Oh ok." I said as I shook my head and started off to the window.

I hated this, whenever we fought it was like my other half was gone. Bri was the only person who understood me and she had been there through every phase. I didn't want this but neither did she. I slowly crept towards her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

" I'm sorry." I apologized as I held onto her.

" No, I am." Bri turned off the stove and turned around and hugged me back.

" No you're right. I mean about the boys at the end I'm going to get hurt."

" Oh, Lexi. I'm sorry. But it's better this way."

" I know." I sighed and took a step back. She handed me the plate filled with my favorite food: a spinach omelet with bacon on the side with freshly made sweet bananas.I smiled as we headed over to the table.

" Look, I didn't say you couldn't be friends." Bri stated.

I quickly looked up and smiled. " Are you serious?!"

" Yeah, there's no harm in being friends." She stated as she finished off her plate.

" Thank you, thank you." I gushed as I handed her my plate and she started to wish them. I sat on the counter questioning why she had changed her mood so quickly.

" Hey, why did you change your opinion all of a sudden?" I asked as I fumbled with my feet.

" No reason, just maybe I was a bit too tough. I mean Maxwell doesn't seem bad." She answered as she cleaned off the plates.

" Uh-Huh." I responded not really believing her excuse not knowing her true intentions but relieved that she let it slided.

" Look I'm serious. I was too judgmental yesterday and you're big enough to make your own decisions. I don't need to tell you what to do." Bri replied as she headed towards the living room and sat on the couch.

I jumped on the couch and began watching tv.

"Okay, then. You trust me?" I questioned as I looked at Bri to see if she was lying.

" Of course I do. You know the answer to that regardless if I tell you." Bri stated as she motioned me to use my powers.

True

I trust you

Hope

Make the right choice

Follow your heart.