Chapter 22 Lilith P.O.V

I opened my eyes only to be stood in front of a pile of bloody body's, I slowly approached them, there was Jasper, I quickly realised it was all of his family. I turned around only to be face to face with my mother and father, "look what you did" my mother said before raising her hand and sending crashing down on my cheek, I fell to the floor unable to stand any more, both of them continued to beat me. I allowed myself to fall into the darkness.

The pain continued to echo throughout my body, a loud frantic beeping forced me to wake up quick, the fear continued to rise quickly, "look what you did" I heard my mother shout, I tried to scream but it got stuck in my throat, I shot up "Lilith it's alright" I felt a cold hand on my shoulder slowly take me down to a soft pillow, my eyes adjusted to my surrounding, I quickly shut my eyes as a voice spoke "try to calm down, breath in breath out, in, out" I followed the voice, I slowly opened my eyes, taking in my surroundings, there was a small clock on the wall opposite my bed, a clearly uncomfortable plastic chair, I saw Carlisle looking at me his eyes full of worry. "How do you feel"

"Fine, I guess, where am I" I tried to remember what had happened but the last thing I remember was falling down the stairs.

"Your in the hospital" I look down, and IV was sticking out of my hand, I grabbed it and attempted to pull it out "Lilith don't do that" Carlisle carefully moved my hands and checked the IV "you have suffered head trauma I need to ask you some questions to make sure you don't have any lasting damage" I slowly nodded my head, Carlisle gave me a kind, knowing smile "What is your name"

"Lilith Valiente" I internally rolled my eyes my surname, Valiente is Spanish for bravery, I did not feel brave I could not even stand up to my parents.

"How old are you"

"Seventeen"

"What is your date of birth?"

"Thirtieth of May nineteen ninety-three" as everything went into the place I knew the questions I could not escape what was next on his list of questions, I quickly tried to leave the bed I heard a thump as both my feet touched the floor before my legs buckled beneath me. Before I could hit the floor two strong arms court me, helping me back onto the bed.

"You need to rest" Carlisle looked at me his usual knowing look, going straight through me as if reading everything that happened, I quickly broke eye contact gazing down at my bandaged body "you had several broken ribs, your left leg was also broken along with you arm, your spleen had been destroyed as well as damaged kidneys, bruises up and down your body, you were in the operating theatre for around nine hours"

I stade silent looking down not wanting to meet his eye, "what happened" I let out the breath I was holding, in a sudden pain flared around my body, I quickly tensed my body "I will get you some pain killers" he turned around and opened a draw as Jasper came in and made his way next to me as Carlisle picked up my IV and injected the painkiller "this might make you feel tired" he nodded and left the room.

"How do you feel" Jasper lightly touched my cheek with his cold hand soothing the throbbing building up

"Fine really I told your father that" I slowly stopped speaking in the middle of my sentence as Jasper gave me a look forcing me to tell the truth "sore but I will be fine"

I slowly started to close my eyes as the medicine started to take effect "can you promise me something, Lilith?" I smiled at how he said my name as if it was the only thing that mattered to him "no more secrets, no more lies, I will protect you from everything." Just before I was pulled into a deep sleep I promised myself that I would tell Jasper just as the strange pull had been telling me to do from the beginning.