Chapter 5 Lilith P.O.V

The end of the day loomed nearer, I knew what I had to go back to.

I started the walk home, trying to prolong my freedom but I knew what would happen if I was late, I still the scar on my arm from the last time I was late home from school. My hands shook as I turned the key in the lock, I took a deep breath as pushed down the handle.

"You're late" my mother if you could even call her that, spat at me from the bottom of the stairs.

"Sorry" I looked down at my feet, knowing what was about to happen

"You bitch, I would have thourt after all these years you would show your mother a little more respect" she moved close to me we were almost nose to nose. I felt the heat rise in my cheek as my body hit the carpet.

I quickly blinked away the tears, I looked at my hand there was a large burn from the centre of my hand to the end of my wrist, my father came in from the kitchen his face full of anger. Both of them continued to beat me, as everything when dark.

When I opened my eyes, I was on the floor in front of the stairs my body, screaming in pain "Your mother and I are going out, this whole house better be clean by the time we get back" I merely nodded my head ashamed that this is how my life is how I allow myself to be treated.