Birth (chapter 12)

Kara's POV
I'm now 8 months pregnant, these past two months have been filled with shopping for the baby and making sure we have everything we need. We've also been sorounded by friends and family. The closet I've been getting to the due date the closer everyone wants to be with us. Anyway me and Mon-el have also been planning the wedding but we decided to have the wedding after the baby was born and we're settled in and used to having a newborn around. The whole wedding planning experience has been just me asking Mon-el for his opinions on things and then fighting him over his answers. That's another thing I've been living about being pregnant, you win almost every argument because the other person doesn't want to upset or stress out me or the baby. They also just get tired of trying to win an argument against a even more stubborn and persistent pregnant version of me. Other than all of that it's been kind of weird because I feel like I'm human throughout this whole pregnancy. Mon-el even has a baby bag that you always see in movies or TV shows that he practices running to get for when the baby comes.
As I was sitting there on the couch thinking to myself Mon-el comes in the room.
"Hey Kara I forgot if you already answered this but are you sure you want to marry me?"
"Who wouldn't want to marry you you're cute funny and my own personal chef."
I say as we both laugh, then Mon-el kisses me on the cheek and goes back to the kitchen.
"Speaking of your personal chef, I think I deserve a raise"
He says with his arms crossed. I get up from the couch and roll my eyes at him and say.
"Like this?"
Then I kiss him then go up stairs.
I've been in my nesting faze of the pregnancy so I went up to the nursery and started to decorate again. This whole nesting thing is annoying too because I keep on changing my mind about where things go all the time. I have to go to another appointment with Alex this afternoon because she's been wanting to see me like every week this month. I think it's mainly because she just can't wait to be an aunt. I'm just so thankful to everyone who's been with me this whole time I don't know what I would've done without them. Then I feel a tears escaping my eyes as I son uncontrollably. After a few minutes the tears pass and I'm finally able to control them again.

At the DEO
I just saw Alex and everything was fine with me and the baby. I decided to talk to J'ohnn about something rest important to me and Mon-el. Then I saw him walking by.
"Hey J'ohnn can I talk to you for a second?"
"Sure Kara"
He said looking concerned and confused.
"I needed to ask you if you wouldn't mind doing something for me and Mon-el. We were wondering if our baby could call you grandpa because since I've met you you've been like a father to me."
"Well of course I would be honored Kara"
He said with some tears in his eyes.
"J'ohnn are you crying?"
"No there's just a draft and the air blew into my eyes."
He said while clearing his throat and wiping his eyes. Then I smiled at him and left.
"Did you ask him?"
Mon-el said as I passed by him.
"Yeah he said that he would be honored. It was really hard not to cry"
I say as Mon-el hugged me.
When I got home I immediately went upstairs to finish decorating the nursery again even though it was basically done already. Mon-el went to the kitchen to grab a snack for me. I went to hang a picture in the wall and it accidentally slipped through my fingers. When I bent down to pick it up I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.
"Woah there calm down"
I said to my stomach because I figured that it was just the baby kicking again. When I felt it again but even stronger and more painful I knew that something was wrong. Then I looked down and the floor was wet.
"Oh my Raul my water broke."
I whispers to myself.
"Mon-el! It's time!"
I yelled out then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.
"What are you... Oh you mean it's TIME!"
He said while his eyes widened with shock and realization.
"Oh it's time come on"
He said urgently while taking my hand and leading me down the stairs. All I was thinking about right then is about how grateful I was that I was wearing a dress and not leggings because that would've been a mess. On the other hand Mon-el was freaking out so much he almost left without me. It really didn't seem like he's been practicing every day for this. Then he rushed me to the DEO and through the doors and straight to medical. Alex wasn't there so Mon-el went looking around for her. Well it wasn't so much looking for her but yelling for her and at anyone that was near to show him where she was. When he finally did find her she came running in. She came in so fast I almost thought she was the flash. My thoughts got interrupted by Alex yelling at me to change before another contraction comes. So I did and right as I was lying back down another contraction hit and boy was it a big one.
"Okay Kara I'm going to check how dialated you are. Ok you're only 3 centimeters right now"
"What does that mean?"
I yelled as another contraction hit me
"It means that you don't have to push right now"

4 hours later

Mon-el's POV
Kara is still in labor and she's not fully dialated yet and Alex said it could be a lot longer before it was time to push. So I've been running back and forth getting Kara ice chips and making sure that she was okay. I honestly don't know how she's doing this it looks like she's in so much pain. If I could take her place I would, so that she doesn't have to go through this pain but I can't obviously. I come back into the room with some more ice chips.
"Mon-el can you take my place?"
She said sounding annoyed.
"I would if I could but I can't."
Then she groaned
"Men suck"
"Yeah we do"
I say trying to comfort her while wiping sweat off her forehead with a towel. Then Alex came back in to see if she was dialated enough to start pushing.
"Okay Kara you're now 10 centimeters. It's time to push, are you ready?"
"No"
"Well, you don't have much of a choice"
"Ok well then I'm ready"
She said with a deep breath and a look of determination in her face.
"Ok when the next contraction comes you push okay?"
"Yeah okayyy!"
She screamed out in pain as she pushed. I stood there holding her hand. I think by the end of this I won't hand any bones left in my hand.

Kara's POV
This is the worst pain I've ever felt. Why do people have babies if it hurts this much? Then I remembered why, it's because they're worth it. I only got about a 5 second break in between pushes then I had to push again.
"Okay Kara the baby's crowning"
Alex said with some excitement in her voice. Then in between contractions I grabbed Mon-el and pulled him close
"I hate you for doing this to me!"
I yell at him while giving another big push.
"Ok Kara you've got one more big push okay?"
"No, I can't I'm too tired"
I say laying back.
"Come on Kara you can do it. You've only got one more push then it will all be over. Anyways if anyone can do it it's you Supergirl"
Mon-el said while holding my hand. Then I sat back up and gave the last push with all my strength and then I felt a release then a little baby's cry as it came out into the world. Alex took her and cleaned her off. Then she came back and handed her to me. I took her in my arms and saw the most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen.
"Hi baby girl. I'm you mommy"
I said with tears dripping down my face as I put my finger to pull down her blanket a bit she grabbed on to my finger with her tiny baby hands. I held her for a couple more minutes when I realized that Mon-el hadn't held her yet. Honestly I could've stated into those big eyes forever but I know that Mon-el would want to hold her too. When I handed her to Mon-el I saw his face light up like never before. He had a huge smile that went from one side of his face to another, and a tear streamed down his face.
"She's so beautiful"
He said while his voice slightly cracked.
"Do you guys have a name for her yet?"
"Yes, her name is Alexandra"
As I said her name Alex's jaw dropped and then she started crying.
"You're naming her after me?"
"Why wouldn't we name her after the greatest aunt ever"
I say crying too.
"Oh my god I love you guys so much"
"I love you too"
We both bluber out. I don't think Mon-el could understand what we were saying so he just kind of stood there confused. Then about 20 minutes later after everyone got calm and collected once again Alex took Alexandra and put her in a incubator because she was born I little early so it was just for precaution. Then I fell asleep on Mon-el's shoulder after he climbed into the bed with me. In this moment we were that happiest people in the galaxy.