The Announcement (chapter 10)

Kara's POV
I'm now 5 months pregnant. Everything lately has been surprisingly good, besides the the fact that we keep on procrastinating on telling everyone about the engagement. We told everyone about the baby last month, everyone was extremely happy for us but it's still proving to be one of the hardest things I've done. There have been so many attacks and crimes happening around me and it's been so hard to stay away. But I have because I never want to put my baby in harm's way. Although a couple weeks ago I did arrest a robbery, I mean why do they even try to shoot me at this point, everyone knows that I'm bulletproof. I don't regret doing that but I got reprimanded for it, I felt like I was a little kid being disciplined and grounded. Me and Mon-el have been busy with wedding planning as well, well to be honest it's mostly me and Alex because other than wedding planning I have nothing to do but occasionally throw up and crave everything in earth. This wedding has in a way kept me sane, and also has kept me from killing Mon-el. One thing I can say is good about pregnancy is that I can make people get me whatever food I want at any hour. So that's been another highlight of this time. My thoughts were interrupted by Mon-el walking into the room.
"Are you ready?"
"Yep just about!"
I say excitedly as I pick up my keys to leave my apartment for the last time. Yes! We're moving out today, finally! I turn around to take one last look at the place I called home for the past years. I have so many good memories here I'm kind of sad that I have to go but I know that I'm going to make countless more memories at our new house. So with those last thoughts I stand in the door way and grab the handle. As I'm closing the door I stick my head in one last time.
"Goodbye old friend, I'll miss you"
I say as I close the door and run down stairs to catch up with Mon-el.
At the new house
Me and Mon-el walk through the door, well kind of Mon-el actually picked me up bridal style as we walked through the door frame and into our new home. To be honest, he did accidentally bump my head on the door frame but I was fine. It was actually very funny. When Mon-el set me down and closed the door behind us I felt a sharp pain in my stumach. Well actually it wasn't really a pain but more like a sudden movement. Then I realized that it was the baby kicking.
"Oh my Raul. Mon-el come here quick!"
I say urgently accidentally scaring the hell out of Mon-el. He rushed over to me like a flash of lighting and had the look of worry and concern all over his face.
"What's wrong?! Are you okay, is the baby okay?!"
"Oh sorry yeah me and the baby are fine but the baby just kicked!"
I sqeealed excitedly. There was an immediate look if relief that washed over his face then pure happiness and excitement.
*sighs* "you scared me I thought something bad happened"
"I'm so sorry"
I then felt the baby kick again.
"Hurry feel my stomach"
He then put his hand on my stomach and I watched as his face lit up when the baby kicked again.
"I think that means they like you"
I say smiling. In that moment I thought to myself about how grateful I am that this happened and that Mon-el is here with me to go through it as well.
"Hey Mon-el"
"Yes Kara?"
"I love you"
"I love you too"
Then I wrap my arms around his neck and I pull him into a kiss. When he pulls away he says,
"I would do anything for you Kara Zorelle"
Then he bends down and kisses my baby bump.
"I would also do anything for you too my baby girl or boy"
I felt two kicks.
"That was their way of saying I love you too"
He gets up and we kiss again.
The next day
Me and Mon-el have been working on getting the house ready and moving everything in all day. Mon-el keeps on trying to get me to take a rest which sometimes got a little annoying but deep down I knew that he was right be cause sometimes I got really tired from moving the furniture. I had to sit down for a while because I was starting to feel light headed. It's been a very weird experience being pregnant because for the first time in my life I have been sick. I really feel bad for humans now, I also feel bad for Alex because when we were younger I would sometimes make fun of her for being sick and would call her lazy because she wouldn't want to move like at all. And now the tables are reversed. As I was lowering myself to sit down I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. At first I thought that I was just having cramps but then I felt it again but it was even more painful than the last one. I winced out in pain
"Are you okay?!"
Mon-el said while rushing over to me.
"Yeah I'm ok I think it's just cramps"
I say then scream out in pain
"Ok it's not just cramps I need to get you to the hospital right now Kara"
"Yeah ok"
"Wait no we can't go to a hospital they might find out that I'm Supergirl"
"Okay I'll get you to the DEO so Alex can help you ok?"
"Yes please!"
I scream out in pain again. He then flew me to the DEO and thankfully Alex hadn't gone off her shift yet. When we came in she instantly heard me scream out in pain and had a bunch of people rush to me and help Mon-el carry me to the med bay. Once Alex got me changed into a hospital gown we saw that there was blood on my legs. Then she instantly checked in the baby. During the ultrasound we heard the baby's heart beat but it was faster than it should've been. Alex ran out to get a doctor that the DEO trusted when she came in and checked me and the baby out she said that the pain and bleeding was due to me overworking my body. And that it was also because I have to limit the amount I use my powers, basically saying that I can only use my body as a normal human would unless I'm in a situation where I had to use my powers to protect myself. Then the doctor left and Alex told me to rest and that Mon-el could finally come into the room and be with me.
Mon-el's POV
When Kara got into the med bay I tried to go in but then Alex stopped me.
"Look Mon-el I don't want to alarm or worry you yet but there's a lot of blood and I need to check on her and the baby. And if you're in there with Kara right now she'll get more emotional and we're trying to avoid that right now."
"I have to be in there right now! I have to be there for her Alex she's my fiance and she's carrying MY child!"
I yelled at her frustrated because she wouldn't let me in.
"Hey I am her sister and I'm trying to make sure that she doesn't lose the baby so if I tell you that you being in there right now will cause her to have a higher chance of loosing the baby because she'll get to emotional and stressed out then you aren't being there for her your just being selfish!"
She yelled at me and then ran back inside to check on Kara. Deep down I knew that she was right and that I needed to back off but all I could see right now is the fact that the woman I love is in extreme pain and that our child was in danger and Alex wouldn't let me in to be there for her. But I finally cooled down and listened to her and started pacing outside of the door. Then I saw Alex leave and call on her ear piece for another doctor that specialized in child birth and pregnancy. Then the doctor came and left and I looked in and saw Kara asleep on the bed resting. Alex came up to me from behind and said.
"You can go in now but she's resting so try not to wake her up. Also both Kara and the baby are fine but it was caused due to her overworking her powers and her body."
"Alex I'm sorry I just was so scared of loosing her or the baby that I couldn't see anything else"
"It's ok I would've done the same thing"
Then she opens her arms.
"Come on you can do it"
Then I huffed her it was a little awkward at first but we eased into it. I kind of liked it I've never had any family to hug me and understand me. I mean yeah I had my parents but they weren't the kind of people or family that Kara's family was. Well I guess that I should get used to calling them my family because that's what we are.

(A/N)
Hi sorry I'm posting so late but I was really busy with school and didn't have time to fully write it until now. Hope you enjoyed! Bye!