The Talk (chapter 7)

Mon-el's POV
This morning I finally realized that me and Kara still haven't fully talked about the arrangements that we'll have to make for our baby. I mean I still haven't told her if I'm staying or not. And at this point I'm pretty sure she thinks that I won't. I don't blame her I haven't given her any reason to trust me. I really need to talk to her and make sure she knows that she can trust that I won't ever leave her or our baby again. So I get up and dressed and leave to Kara's apartment. When I was walking up the steps I realized that she might not even be there and I debated on whether I should go up or not. Then I also realized that I was just trying to talk myself out of it because I was so nervous about what Kara would say. So I quickly got over myself and walked up those stairs and  straight to her door and knocked. I heard footsteps approaching the door.
*door opens*
"Mon-el?"
Kara says in a sleepy voice.
"Oh were you asleep I'm sorry"
I say suddenly feeling really bad for waking her up.
"Well kinda I was just sick all morning and I guess I passed out because it started at like 3:00 a.m"
"Well this won't take too long, can I come in?"
"Yeah sure, so what's this about anyway?"
"Your pregnant"
"Yeah I think I already know that"
She says while laughing which automatically made me smile.
"I know you know that but what I'm saying is that we haven't discussed what we're going to do"
"Ok now you've lost me"
"Look, I know you think that I'm just going to get up and leave back to the future. But I want you to know that I won't. I also want you to know that I will never leave our baby, or you ever again"
Whew that felt good to finally tell her. After I finished I saw her trying to hold her tears back but she's not really succeeding in that. Then she finally says,
"Well I wouldn't have let you"
I start laughing and so does she. Then I embrace her into a hug and I hold her for what felt like a million years (in a good way). When we finally pull away from each other she looks up at me with relief, happiness, and a hint of guilt in her eyes.
"Hey what's wrong?"
"Nothing I just told my now ex-boyfriend that I cheated on him and ended up getting pregnant all in one screaming match"
She says sound exasperated. Then she sighs and looks down.
"Well for what its worth I'm sorry"
"Mon-el there's no reason why you should be sorry. I mean I'm the one who slept with you even though I knew it was wrong and that I would be cheating on him."
"Well of course you did no one can resist my charms"
I say trying to make her laugh.
"Good to know you're still as full of yourself as you were when I first met you"
She says trying her best not to laugh which isn't working. I can't help but to laugh too.
"Ok ok now are you done making fun of me?"
I say still laughing. Kara's bent over laughing so hard. It's good to see her like this again. I missed her so much and I regretted going back to the future everyday with every part of my being. I missed her laugh, her smile, the way she always gets a crinkle when she's lying. I used to think about every single detail of her and long for her touch and the sound of her voice.
"Mon-el?"
"Yes?"
"I'm really glad you came today"
"Me too...me too"
I say as we resume hugging.
Kara's POV
I go to hug Mon-el again but this time it felt different. This time it didn't feel like a old friend comforting me. This time it really felt like I was at home, it felt like we were truly in this together, as a family. To be honest I was a little surprised by Mon-el's promise to stay around. I mean ofcourse I hoped that he would want to stay but I also wasn't 100% sure that he would stay. So when he said that he would on his own without me having to hint or anything I felt extremely happy. I can't even start to explain how relieved I am that I don't have to raise our baby completely alone. If I had to I definitely would have but it's just so much easier to know that I'll always have someone to help me through it. I slowly pull away from Mon-el and look at him straight in the eye.
"Thank you"
I say.
"For what?"
He asks me confused
"For staying"
"There was no doubt  for one second I wouldn't have stayed"
We stand there looking at each other taking in every emotion we saw in each other's eyes. Then I feel this need to be closer to him almost like a gravitational pull, and I think he felt it too because we both started slowly inching our faces closer and closer together until our lips finally met. At first it was a slow and sweet kiss filled with love then the kiss deepened with passion and lust.
"Are you sure you want to do this?"
Mon-el says between kisses. I pulled away and looked him in the eyes,
"yes I'm sure"
Then we resume kissing...
Later that afternoon
We ended up sleeping together... again. Now I don't think any of us new exactly what to do or say.
"That was... something"
I say still trying to catch my breath.
"Yep I would say that was definitely something"
Mon-el says with a small smile in his face. Then I rest my head on his chest.
"But a good something right...?"
He asks sounding kind of nervous.
"Yes an amazing something"
I say looking up at him trying to see his reaction. He looked surprised at my answer. But I could tell that he was wondering about something.
"So does this mean that we're you know...?"
"Together?"
I answer his question.
"Yeah"
He says awkwardly.
"I mean if you want to be... do you...want to be?"
"Definitely!"
He quickly answered then cleared his throat.
"I mean yeah if you want to"
Then I just smile and nod at him. I can tell that we both understand that this is what we want without having to actually say anything.