The Acceptance (chapter 5)

Kara's POV
"Because Kara... you're pregnant"
That one sentence was ringing in my head over and over again until..
"Kara... Hellooo?.... Earth to Kara Danvers!"
I snap back to reality
"What? Oh yes, yeah I'm listening"
"Are you ok?" Alex asks with concern in her voice.
"Yeah I'm fine. I mean why wouldn't I be?"
"Because Kara you just found out that you're pregnant!"
"Stop! Just stop saying that! I am not pregnant...I can't be!"
Right as I finished that sentence Mon-el walked in.
"Hey everything okay?"
"Yeah why?"
"Just making sure there's no aliens living in you"
He says with a smirk while slightly laughing.
"Nope not in the way we thought"
I accidentally think out loud.
"What do you mean not in the way we thought"
I repeatedly kicked myself internally for being so stupid and saying that out loud. Then Alex interrupts by saying
"I'm just going to go check on something"
Then left the room.
Alex's POV
I sensed that Kara got unusually awkward when Mon-el came in and started slightly panicking. So I finally out two and two together and left so that they could have some privacy.
Mon-el's POV
Ever since I walked in the room Kara's been acting more weird than usual. Then I noticed Alex's face and it looked like she just found out or finally noticed something. Then she quickly left out of nowhere, which I thought was kind of weird. Unless... did they find out that something is actually wrong with Kara?!
"Mon-el I need to tell you something"
"What... What's wrong!"
I'm scared of what she's about to tell me.
Kara's POV
I finally tell him after beating around the bush a little bit. Then I feel a wave of nausea and throw up in the nearest teach can and I hear someone else throw up too. At first I thought it was just me that I was hearing then I looked and saw Mon-el bending over a trash can too. It was really gross but also kind of cute like he had sympathy nausea for me.
"Mon-el are you okay?"
I asked while laughing.
"Yeah. Hey! Why are you laughing at me!?"
"Because well I don't know!"
I say still laughing really hard.
"What I find out that you're pregnant with my child and I'm not aloud to throw up a little!?"
"Yes you can it just caught me off guard that's all"
We sit there laughing for a little while longer. Then it hits me, I'm going to actually be a mom. I mean I'M PREGNANT! I could tell that Mon-el came back to reality at the same time as me.
"What are we going to do??"
"I... I don't know" He says seriously.

The next day
Kara's POV
Last night after me and Mon-el found out that I was pregnant it was really awkward for a while then he took me home. Right now I'm sitting in bed feeling like crap. Not just because of the severe morning sickness I'm feeling but because Im also still dealing with the fact that I'm pregnant and at some point I'm going to have to tell everyone. I'm my Raul! What am I going to tell William? How am I going to tell him? After a 30 more minutes of throwing up and overthinking everything in my life I finally get up and ready for my day. I head straight to CatCo because there are no emergencies right now.
At CatCo
I get in the elevator and as the doors are closing a hand comes in to stop the door and as the door starts opening up again I see that it's William.
"Hey"
"Long time no see Kara Danvers"
He says with a smirk spread across his face.
"Hey so I've been meaning to ask you something but I've barely seen you lately"
"Yeah I've been really busy these past few weeks."
I say nervously.
"Actually I need to talk to you too"
I say as the elevator doors open to show us that we're on our floor.
"Sure, yeah that's great! Meet up for lunch?"
He asked while walking away from the elevator
"Yeah sure"
I call out to him but hes already out of ear shot. Then I step out of the elevator and get to work.
During Lunch
I'm sitting at my desk nervously waiting for William knowing what time it is. As I nervously check the clock one more time I hear William say,
"You ready Kara?"
"Now more than never!"
I say with a deep breath.