Chapter 31: "You & I by One Direction"

I walked to my old doorstep. I hesitated for a moment and then finally my endorphins forced my hand to tap the door.

I heard the lock slide and Harry tiredly wiped at his eyes as he opened the door.

His eyes widened and he smiled one of the brightest smiles I've seen in a long time.

He threw his arms around me, "Brookie!"

"Hello Hazzie!"

"Back so soon?" He asked.

"Not back. I'm here... for awhile... To stay."

"I'm so happy but I know you better than to believe that nothing happened."

"Blake just confirmed some things I already knew, and when he even considered hitting me......I can't do that to myself."

"He hit you!?" Harry breathed angrily though his nostrils.

"No, he just started to. I can't deal with short tempered people." I said causing Harry to lessen his anger. I noticed when he was angry he would breathe slowly out his mouth trying to get s grip of himself. He's also bunch his fists or pull at his hair. Sometimes he'd pace the floor back and forth.

He nodded and said,"I'm sorry. Here you are tired of angered people and I'm acting just like them."

"It's okay. I know you'd never hurt me... Physically." I clarified.

"I'd rather be hurt physically than emotionally. I black eye hurts much less than a completely shattered heart."

"And you're left to pick up the shattered pieces by yourself."

"And the pain is so vast you can feel it in the smallest bits from your toes to your hands and it all burns."

"Hmm I thought I was the writer here." I said lessening the space between Harry and I.

"I have a good teacher," He spoke wrapping his arms around my waist.

"She is pretty great." I said ghosting my lips over his.

"She's pretty and she's great but she's also magnificent, Wonderful, Sexy, Spontaneous, Intelligent, Passionate, and someone I've been in love with for years."

I bit my lip in between my teeth slightly before kissing Harry's always soft lips.

•________________•