Chapter 22: "Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper"

5 months of planning and we had ourselves a wedding.

Saturday, October 11th. The day I was to become Mrs. Blake Livingston.

A very well known name in London that I was esteemed to wear.

All my life I'd been waiting for that. To take on a new life under the love of my life. Sure I thought it'd be Harry but then I knew it was Blake.

I knew that there was never anybody else but Blake.

I knew he was who I safeguarded with my future.

I walked down the aisle after my lovely bridesmaids, Olivia,Star, Gabby, and Abigail. As I approached the altar Sammy was waiting along with my fiancé.

As soon as he looked in my eyes I couldn't keep the tears from flowing.

I was thinking about my vows to the point I couldn't even comprehend what the minister was saying.

Until I heard the minister ask us to recite our vows.

"Brooklyn Danyelle, how lucky I am to of found you. I know that I probably don't always deserve you. I know we have our spouts and things that drive each other crazy. But I also know that there's no one else who I'd rather let drive me crazy. There's no one I could possibly spend forever with, except you. You are the blessing I get for this life. And if you're the only blessing I get then I'm going to have a damned good life. You're my better life. And you're going to be all I need to conquer another day. Today, not only do I give you my last name, I give you a promise. A promise that from the day I first laid eyes on you from this day and every moment after, I will love you, unconditionally. No exception. So this day, will you spend forever by my side as Brooklyn Livingston?"

"I do." I said blinking rapidly at the tears spilling from my eyes.

"And now the bride's vows."

" Blake, I don't have much in this world. I have a couple of close friends and my job and all my coworkers. I have no family... But I do have you. As one person that may seem insignificant but I can assure you it isn't. You're the only constant in my life and for that I'm indebted to you. And to think you've chosen me to take on everyday with you. Implausible. I never could've imagined loving someone so much it feels like they are etched into your body and soul. But seeing you here today, I know it's possible. To have someone love me through the crazy things I do and the hormonal things I do... I'm so thankful. So if it's not too much trouble, would you do me the honors of allowing me to be your Mrs. Livingston? Because I am utterly and irrevocably infatuated with you."

"Never marry an author. Her incredulous vocabulary totally outdid my vows." He joked wiping the tears from his eyes. "But I gladly do." His voice broke.

"Let no man separate what God has brought together here today." The minister said. " you may now kiss your bride."

He put his hands on my waist and kissed me while my arms found their way around his back.

"Thank you for making me the happiest person ever." He said as we walked back down the aisle together.

As we walked I caught eye contact with an old friend. I really didn't think he'd show up. But he was smiling and looked so happy for me. I'm so glad to see he had moved on.

I smiled at him as he tipped his head at me.

We drove down to the reception hall. It looked lovely. White butterfly crystal chandeliers. And the Eiffel Tower stemmed Chardonnay glasses. The 7 tier cake with exquisite crystals and beautiful pearl cutlery.

We had our speeches and Sammy's made me cry.

"I've known the bride since we were running around primary school even raising hell at our age back then. And as we grew up... I knew. I knew the talent she had and how beautiful her and her work was. Her newly published book "Something Great" just sold its 10,000 copy this week. What a wedding present? And to see how she's risen from nothing makes me so proud. Brookie's been the sister I've never had and to know that I'm trusting Blake with her... Is an honor to him. I don't just give her away to anyone. She's my best friend and I'm touched to have her in my life. The way her personality lights up a room and how she's always smiling despite whatever she's going through. So today I'm ensured that Blake will take good care of my sister. I love you two so much." She said almost tearing up.